Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Overlands coming through with miles (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/overlands-coming-through-with-miles-13464.html)

jonnyg 09-30-2010 06:47 PM

Overlands coming through with miles

I got a call from my dealer today saying that my vehicle was in and ready for delivery. He wanted to point out to me the vehicle had additional miles on it (40+) from the quality control checks. He told me all Overlands that were in the QC status coming through with miles. Now here is the kicker after spending month in QC the back-up camera is inop on the vehicle so they have to order a new head unit.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am having second thoughts on whether or not I was to take delivery of this thing.

moosehead 09-30-2010 06:50 PM

Re: Overlands coming through with miles

seems consistent with QC checks denver dealers have been talking about, but had not heard of mileage yet.

jg, if you don't mind me asking, what is the rest of your configuration/options and build date of the vehicle?

Drumandfly 09-30-2010 06:56 PM

I would be a lot more concerned about the 40 miles on the car from QC. That really is unfortunate. 1-10 miles... okay... any more and I would be upset as well. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Drumandfly

Technosavant 09-30-2010 07:07 PM

Mine had 43 miles on it when it got to the dealer. That could well be the reason. My other new vehicles came with less than 10. Meh, it works great, no complaints.

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

nek121328 09-30-2010 07:11 PM

I'd accept the 40 +/- miles on the clock versus problems down the road.

dubwarren 09-30-2010 07:16 PM

my overland had about 40 miles on it when i purchased off the lot. now it has 3k and 40 miles seems like so long ago......

DavidB 09-30-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyg (Post 277435)
I got a call from my dealer today saying that my vehicle was in and ready for delivery. He wanted to point out to me the vehicle had additional miles on it (40+) from the quality control checks. He told me all Overlands that were in the QC status coming through with miles. Now here is the kicker after spending month in QC the back-up camera is inop on the vehicle so they have to order a new head unit.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am having second thoughts on whether or not I was to take delivery of this thing.

If I have to take delivery of a unit with over 40 miles on it because of QC, it better be a flippin perfect Grand Cherokee. Especially as long as some of us have had to wait. Maybe they used them for a beer run:rolleyes:

suprand 09-30-2010 07:39 PM

i took delivery a week ago..had 4 miles on it...but it really doesn't matter...4 or 40, its nothing

Knightrider03m 09-30-2010 07:49 PM

Thats normal, my moms SHO was picked for QC and I believe it had 75 miles on it when she picked it up. 35000 miles later its still pumping strong. I wouldn't shy away from it.

DavidB 09-30-2010 08:01 PM

its just the principle of it. I agree 40 miles isnt that much in the big picture of things but as what was mentioned the backup camera was still not working and the claim was the miles were from QC.

jonnyg 09-30-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidB (Post 277495)
its just the principle of it. I agree 40 miles isnt that much in the big picture of things but as what was mentioned the backup camera was still not working and the claim was the miles were from QC.

David
That is my feeling too. They did say they were able to expedite the release of the radio for next Friday. However, my point is still just like you stated if you are going to put miles on my vehicle make sure the things is perfect!

jonnyg 09-30-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 277438)
seems consistent with QC checks denver dealers have been talking about, but had not heard of mileage yet.

jg, if you don't mind me asking, what is the rest of your configuration/options and build date of the vehicle?

I order a Overland with 5.7 hemi, 730 nav, and blackberry pearl paint. The build date was 8/23.