Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Something fishy with my jeep. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/something-fishy-with-my-jeep-13481.html)

Hem-e 10-01-2010 08:53 AM

Something fishy with my jeep.

I just noticed that the passanger side of my jeep is missing the chrome molding that says "grqnd cherokee" on the driver side. Its like it was never there. I find this very odd, to say the least. Furthermore, I noticed that the chrome molding just below the windows does not lign up as well as the driver side. Do doors have serial numbers anywhere?

White WK Swagga 10-01-2010 08:56 AM

Re: Something fishy with my jeep.

Do you think someone tried stealing the window molding and just took the door one?

Hem-e 10-01-2010 09:04 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of dealer foul play. I noticed the chrome not lining up well straight from the dealer, because I could see that in the side mirror (I thought to myself, well it's american...) I also saw a crashed silver laredo in the back lot when I went to pick up my car. If the molding had been stolen there should be some sort of marking or residue. Its not like some thief is going to goo gone it afterwards.

And who the hell would want to steal standard molding anyway.

jpsmith 10-01-2010 09:18 AM

Are you talking about a 2011 model? There was a crashed one at the dealer already?

DAVY27 10-01-2010 09:26 AM

Idk about the WK2's but some WKs have the misaligned window molding. As for the body molding, what did the dealer tell you?

Hem-e 10-01-2010 09:53 AM

He wants me to stop by and show him what Im talking about. About 140 miles for the round-trip. Yes they had a crashed wk2, this was over a month ago too.

Chaoul1 10-01-2010 02:47 PM

SHow us a Picture!!!

Jim Hef 10-01-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hem-e (Post 277683)
...About 140 miles for the round-trip....

That's ridiculous...email him some pictures of what bothers you about the window trims, and show him the missing moulding! Do the trip when he gets the parts in to install on your Jeep.

RyeGuy 10-01-2010 05:17 PM

I work for an automotive accessory distributor. It is sad to say but i have numerous dealerships that order accessories so that they can take lower model vehicles and "upgrade" them to the premium models. It is sad that dealerships could be this deceptive. I have no experience with any Jeep dealerships, but it does happen.

Brian1f1 10-01-2010 05:31 PM

My overland doesn't have a chrome grand Cherokee on the passenger side either. I suspect it isn't supposed to since there is a piece of black trim there.

Brian1f1 10-01-2010 05:33 PM

Does anyone have it on both sides?

vnbWK2 10-01-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian1f1 (Post 277977)
My overland doesn't have a chrome grand Cherokee on the passenger side either. I suspect it isn't supposed to since there is a piece of black trim there.

pics...pics...pics :)