Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Media Center 130 CD/MP3 Radio (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/media-center-130-cd-mp3-radio-13500.html)

vnbWK2 10-01-2010 06:07 PM

Media Center 130 CD/MP3 Radio
 
I have the Media Center 130. I guess that's the standard radio on the Laredo. I keep hearing about being able to download music and being able to text message from your phone etc.... Aee these options only on the radios with the NAV option? I don't imagine I have these options....wishful thinking.

Technosavant 10-01-2010 08:33 PM

Re: Media Center 130 CD/MP3 Radio
 
Yes, you need at least the 430 for those features. However, it looks like the texting capability has iffy compatibility and I can tell you that loading the internal HD with music isn't as great as you'd think. Nice, but hardly as intuitive as I expected.

RMac 10-01-2010 08:39 PM

Re: Media Center 130 CD/MP3 Radio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vnbWK2 (Post 277986)
I have the Media Center 130. I guess that's the standard radio on the Laredo. I keep hearing about being able to download music and being able to text message from your phone etc.... Aee these options only on the radios with the NAV option? I don't imagine I have these options....wishful thinking.

You can't download music with the 130, because there's no hard drive.

However, you can connect a device to the USB port in the center console and stream music through the sound system.

The text messaging requires Uconnect Voice Command, which is optional on the Laredo. If you have that option, it technically works... it just doesn't seem to work with many radios. If you have Uconnect Voice Command, you can also voice command music from the device you connect to the center console USB port.

vnbWK2 10-02-2010 07:08 AM

Re: Media Center 130 CD/MP3 Radio
 
Uconnect Voice Command meaning being able to say "Dial 999-999-9999" and it dials it for you? I do have Uconnect Voice Command which is part of the Convenience package. Hmm, I'll have to try it out.

RMac 10-02-2010 11:57 AM

Re: Media Center 130 CD/MP3 Radio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vnbWK2 (Post 278132)
Uconnect Voice Command meaning being able to say "Dial 999-999-9999" and it dials it for you? I do have Uconnect Voice Command which is part of the Convenience package. Hmm, I'll have to try it out.

Yes. You should be able to voice command music from a device attached to the USB port, as well as control the music through the Media Center 130 controls.

I haven't tried it with that radio, but I believe you press the AUX button to toggle to the USB connected device.

vnbWK2 10-02-2010 03:15 PM

Re: Media Center 130 CD/MP3 Radio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RMac (Post 278230)
Yes. You should be able to voice command music from a device attached to the USB port, as well as control the music through the Media Center 130 controls.

I haven't tried it with that radio, but I believe you press the AUX button to toggle to the USB connected device.


Just looked at my window sticker and it says Uconnect Phone with Hands Free Voice Command. I tried voice commanding an SMS (text message) but the female voice said "SMS failed". It dialed the right number (to my wifes Blackberry) and it repeated it correctly, it said sending to ###-###-#### but came back saying failed. I tried this several times. I have Bluetooth on and my Blackberry is paired to my radio....has been from day one. Do I need to connect my Blackberry to the USB port instead? Wouldn't Bluetooth connection work when trying to text message by voice command? It seems like it wants to work, the voice command gives me preset voice options to say such as "I'll be right there", "I love you", "I need more directions", "Are we there yet?"....JK. What am I doing wrong?

RMac 10-02-2010 09:45 PM

Re: Media Center 130 CD/MP3 Radio
 
The hands-free texting doesn't work with many phones... and I have no idea why. It just doesn't. You aren't doing anything wrong.

Have you tried voice command of music yet? That should work (unless you have an iPhone 4 or the new nano apparently).

funkatation 03-12-2011 12:52 AM

Re: Media Center 130 CD/MP3 Radio
 
Does anyone know if the uconnect with 130 allows voice control of an iPod? Also does it work on sat too? Mine is coming in soon.

RageOfFury 03-12-2011 06:57 AM

Re: Media Center 130 CD/MP3 Radio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by funkatation (Post 374168)
Does anyone know if the uconnect with 130 allows voice control of an iPod? Also does it work on sat too? Mine is coming in soon.

Hmmmm not sure to be honest. You can download the Owner's Manual and UConnect guide from jeep.com

Rosewood 03-12-2011 10:09 AM

Re: Media Center 130 CD/MP3 Radio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vnbWK2 (Post 277986)
I have the Media Center 130. I guess that's the standard radio on the Laredo. I keep hearing about being able to download music and being able to text message from your phone etc.... Aee these options only on the radios with the NAV option? I don't imagine I have these options....wishful thinking.

jeep upgraded my 430 to a 430n when i bought it. they let me keep the 430. if you want it it is for sale. $800.00 i think they said it retails for $2400.00

funkatation 03-17-2011 08:22 PM

Re: Media Center 130 CD/MP3 Radio
 
So voice command on the 130 works like it does on the 430, which is great. Even does Bluetooth streaming audio, and like the 430, is unusable from my iPhone. It just skips constantly. Hope they fix this soon!

Solarsurf72 09-28-2011 10:42 PM

Re: Media Center 130 CD/MP3 Radio
 
I managed to get my vr to work and bt streaming but I can't get anything to work on the USB port. In the voice prompts I can tell it to go to USB but all it does is beep and go to the radio. I've tried to connect my phone which is a droid and several iPods.....all fail. Called the dealer and they had no idea, said they would get back to me but it's been 2 days now. Any ideas?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community