Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   WJ Overland Build Options (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/wj-overland-build-options-13505.html)

WJAFRICA 10-02-2010 07:08 AM

WJ Overland Build Options

Driving around with my new WJ today and playing with all the toys inside, I noticed some things missing that I would have thought was standard on the Overland:
1) No auto headlights or wipers - where these options that you could leave out when ordering the vehicle?
2) On the EVIC I do not have the option to have the horn sound when I lock the vehicle - are the EVIC units' software upgradeable?
Would like to hear from other WJ owners
Thanks
Johan

StoneCold 10-02-2010 07:50 AM

Re: WJ Overland Build Options

I'm almost certain these weren't options at the time. As for re programming the EVIC, I've no idea:confused:

If you've not been on it before, check out wjjeeps.com, there's a lot of good info on there.

WJAFRICA 10-02-2010 08:40 AM

Thanks STONECOLD.
I looked on the WJJEEPS site but they also have no info on updating the EVIC.
I think the best will be to pop into my local JEEP dealer on Monday and find out.

cheapjeep 10-02-2010 12:28 PM

Do your control stalks look like this,if so maybe start checking fuses.As far as I know rain sense wipers and auto headlights are standard on the Overland unless its a european spec thing.
Good Luck,
Davehttp://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...101212-00X.jpghttp://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...101212-01X.jpg

Milous 10-02-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJAFRICA (Post 278131)
...No auto headlights or wipers - where these options that you could leave out when ordering the vehicle?

Rain Sense wipers were standard on the 2002 Overland as were auto headlamps.

The EVIC is not flash upgradeable. Horn sound with Lock/Unlock is standard on your WJ.

WJAFRICA 10-02-2010 02:29 PM

CheapJeep

Nope, I do not have the AutoHeadlights on the L/H stalk.....must be a Euro spec like you said.....I do however have RainSense wipers.....go figure.......test them with a jug of water and it's working sweet.
Milous, I did a self diagnostic test on the EVIC and it came back all good....can't understand why I do not have the Horn sound with lock/unlock....
I might be tempted to see if I can get a used EVIC unit from your side of the world, as I was looking to upgrading to a unit with HOMELINK in for my electric gate......
Thanks for all the help guys

Milous 10-02-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJAFRICA (Post 278283)
CheapJeep

Nope, I do not have the AutoHeadlights on the L/H stalk.....must be a Euro spec like you said.....I do however have RainSense wipers.....go figure.......test them with a jug of water and it's working sweet.
Milous, I did a self diagnostic test on the EVIC and it came back all good....can't understand why I do not have the Horn sound with lock/unlock....
I might be tempted to see if I can get a used EVIC unit from your side of the world, as I was looking to upgrading to a unit with HOMELINK in for my electric gate......
Thanks for all the help guys

And no auto headlamp sensor on the top of the dash? If you shoot me the last 8 of your VIN via PM I can get you the correct part number for the EVIC with Homelink plus send you a copy of the build sheet.

WJAFRICA 10-02-2010 02:54 PM

Nope, no sensor either, only the one for the alarm.
Thanks for the help, I am still finding my feet around all the webstes with WJ info on them.

WJAFRICA 10-02-2010 02:56 PM

Just got this message: Sorry, you can only send messages to the Co-Owners group until you have 10 posts

WJAFRICA 10-02-2010 02:57 PM

.....and this will be number 10.....and I can send a PM now

Milous 10-02-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJAFRICA (Post 278294)
.....and this will be number 10.....and I can send a PM now

You actually have a "WG" and not a "WJ". According to the 2002 WG owners manual you should have the horn/lock feature. Does your EVIC menu offer the "Flash Lights with Locks?" option?

Flash Lights with Locks?
When this feature is selected the front and rear
turn signals will flash when the doors are locked or
unlocked using the remote keyless entry transmitter.
This feature may be selected with or without the
sound horn on lock feature selected. Pressing
the STEP button when in this display will select Y
(Yes) or N (No).

I will PM you your build sheet in just a few minutes.

WJAFRICA 10-02-2010 03:34 PM

Thanks Milous

Yes, I have the flash lights option - I have selected it and it works, but still no horn option.