Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Remote Start Question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/remote-start-question-13508.html)

boarderman23 10-02-2010 08:33 AM

Remote Start Question

I know remote start is suppose to use the heat when it's cold and the A/C when it's hot, but does it also use the heated seats/steering wheel and the cooled seats when temperatures permit?

Also, any idea what the temperature intervals are?

rdalcanto 10-02-2010 08:39 AM

Re: Remote Start Question

I sure hope so. That is how our Suburban works. It is unlikely in the winter that the engine is warm enough to pump out heat by the time we get in, but having hot seats really helps!

MeanDean 10-02-2010 08:45 AM

I can partly answer your question...

I've only used remote start once (showing off for a co-worker) and was supprised to find the butt chiller turned itself on. I'm not sure about the heated-seats or steering wheel yet, but I'm sure we'll find out this winter.

boarderman23 10-02-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanDean (Post 278165)
I can partly answer your question...

I've only used remote start once (showing off for a co-worker) and was supprised to find the butt chiller turned itself on. I'm not sure about the heated-seats or steering wheel yet, but I'm sure we'll find out this winter.

Do you happen to remember the what the temperature was?

boarderman23 10-02-2010 08:49 AM

I used the remote start today and it was 41-42*F and neither the heated seats or steering came on.

Red G8R 10-02-2010 10:11 AM

I think I saw that feature listed in Systems Setup in EVIC.

MeanDean 10-02-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boarderman23 (Post 278167)
Do you happen to remember the what the temperature was?

Outside temp was ~72F, but inside the car was considerably warmer as the windows were up. HVAC controls were set on 68F.

boarderman23 10-02-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanDean (Post 278183)
Outside temp was ~72F, but inside the car was considerably warmer as the windows were up. HVAC controls were set on 68F.

I might be thinking of a different thing, but when I go through the setup options it only gives me an option go turn on or off the "remote start comfort settings"...I couldn't find anywhere to adjust when the comfort settings kick on. Is the HVAC the center screen where is tells you the fuel economy and such?

MeanDean 10-02-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boarderman23 (Post 278193)
I might be thinking of a different thing, but when I go through the setup options it only gives me an option go turn on or off the "remote start comfort settings"...I couldn't find anywhere to adjust when the comfort settings kick on. Is the HVAC the center screen where is tells you the fuel economy and such?

I'm pretty sure that you can't adjust exactly what activates. It will just cool the cabin if it's hot, or heat the cabin if it's cold.

boarderman23 10-04-2010 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanDean (Post 278202)
I'm pretty sure that you can't adjust exactly what activates. It will just cool the cabin if it's hot, or heat the cabin if it's cold.

Any idea if there is a way to adjust the temperature at which the heat or a/c will activate?

If not, does anyone know what the factory temperature setting are at?

I'm just surprised that my heated seats/steering wheel have not been kicking on in the low 40's...

rdalcanto 10-04-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boarderman23 (Post 278865)
I'm just surprised that my heated seats/steering wheel have not been kicking on in the low 40's...

Are you sure you have that feature enabled in the user settings, as described in the manual?

tkln 10-04-2010 08:04 AM

I'm a bit bummed that the heated seats turn off every time I shut the car off...they don't stay on. Bleh.