Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Gen 2 4.7l Intake (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/gen-2-4-7l-intake-13520.html)

wmassWK 10-02-2010 01:06 PM

Gen 2 4.7l Intake
 
Has anyone made the switch to a Gen 2 Intake on a Gen 1 4.7l? Airram said the EGR is in the way. Anyone get around that?

Chaoul1 10-02-2010 01:09 PM

Re: Gen 2 4.7l Intake
 
Yes I believe Scottina06 (Scott) has done this aswell as Sleepy4.7 (Ryan).

05quadratrac 10-02-2010 08:49 PM

Re: Gen 2 4.7l Intake
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wmassWK (Post 278261)
Has anyone made the switch to a Gen 2 Intake on a Gen 1 4.7l? Airram said the EGR is in the way. Anyone get around that?

A few people have, I think they sell something to relocate it.

wmassWK 10-03-2010 07:30 AM

Re: Gen 2 4.7l Intake
 
Thanks I'll look into relocation further.

Scottina06 10-03-2010 09:23 AM

Re: Gen 2 4.7l Intake
 
you will need an egr block plate from billet Tech and a SCT tuner and custom tune

NHWK05 10-03-2010 07:27 PM

Re: Gen 2 4.7l Intake
 
So you buy the block off plate from BT and what happens to the EGR?

FlyinRyan 10-03-2010 10:08 PM

Re: Gen 2 4.7l Intake
 
EGR does not need to be deleted. the 08+ EGR system works on the earlier models.

To my knowledge I'm the only person who was successful in adding a 08+ manifold to a Jeep 4.7. You'll likely need to cut into the firewall/cowling to make the kit work as advertised. It's worth the trouble.

Scottina06 10-04-2010 09:20 AM

Re: Gen 2 4.7l Intake
 
we are talking WK's Sleepy. The firewall doesnt need cut on the wk...its the EGR valve in the way. I removed the valve and got a custom tune for mine...but now I have the 08 4.7 engine

NHWK05 10-04-2010 03:29 PM

Re: Gen 2 4.7l Intake
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepy4.7 (Post 278788)
EGR does not need to be deleted. the 08+ EGR system works on the earlier models.

To my knowledge I'm the only person who was successful in adding a 08+ manifold to a Jeep 4.7. You'll likely need to cut into the firewall/cowling to make the kit work as advertised. It's worth the trouble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 278913)
we are talking WK's Sleepy. The firewall doesnt need cut on the wk...its the EGR valve in the way. I removed the valve and got a custom tune for mine...but now I have the 08 4.7 engine


So thats an easy fix then for the issue, But correct me if i am misunderstanding the 08 EGR is compatible with the gen 1 4.7, not that its needed since a tune is needed any way and will fix the problem right?

Scottina06 10-04-2010 06:21 PM

Re: Gen 2 4.7l Intake
 
yes

NHWK05 10-04-2010 06:41 PM

Re: Gen 2 4.7l Intake
 
Ok cool, I think since i have the ported TB already and a custom Intake, i am going to slowly over the nexxt year one piece at a time collect what is needed to do this mod. After driving a 4.7 HO i really wish that the dealership did not sell the 04 overland 4.7HO i was going to buy out from under me.

Will these mods, Cams, springs, intake mani, tune and pulley be, >,< or = to a 4.7 HO/gen 2 4.7?

Scottina06 10-04-2010 06:57 PM

Re: Gen 2 4.7l Intake
 
hard to say bro...thye would be better than the 4.7ho and right there with the 08


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community