Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Remote Start/Heated Seat question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/remote-start-heated-seat-question-13618.html)

Blackwolf 10-05-2010 08:49 AM

Remote Start/Heated Seat question
 
Anyone know at what temprature the heated seats will turn on with remote start? The manual just says it will come on automatically in cold weather. We've had a couple nights in the low 40's and no heated seats yet. Not concerned yet, just curious.

Yes, I've already confimred the the remote start comfort option is enabled in the evic.

Again, not thinking it's a problem yet just curious at what point they come on?

SRTILL8 10-05-2010 09:18 AM

Re: Remote Start/Heated Seat question
 
id assume theyd go on closer to freezing point (temp 32*) more so than temps in the high or lower 40's.

id say-

boarderman23 10-05-2010 09:23 AM

Re: Remote Start/Heated Seat question
 
I'm also curious about this as mine didn't come on when it was 41-42 outside.

Knightrider03m 10-05-2010 11:18 AM

Re: Remote Start/Heated Seat question
 
Maybe its a setting you have to turn on in the EVIC

Blackwolf 10-05-2010 11:25 AM

Re: Remote Start/Heated Seat question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider03m (Post 279629)
Maybe its a setting you have to turn on in the EVIC

It is but again as I said in my original post, I've already made sure that that option is enabled in the EVIC

moosehead 10-05-2010 11:36 AM

Re: Remote Start/Heated Seat question
 
So is the opposite also true: can you also set the AC and vented seats to turn on with the remote start?

Jim Hef 10-05-2010 11:43 AM

Re: Remote Start/Heated Seat question
 
I think the same setting is used, and the vehicle determines what to do by the ambient temp...cool or heat. Don't know if the seat venting is part of the equation though.

Blackwolf 10-05-2010 12:31 PM

Re: Remote Start/Heated Seat question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Hef (Post 279639)
I think the same setting is used, and the vehicle determines what to do by the ambient temp...cool or heat. Don't know if the seat venting is part of the equation though.

Vented seats are part of the same system according to the manual, the question is at what temp does the system kick in. The EVIC option is simply enabled or disabled (check or uncheck). The question could be expanded as well. Does anyone know at what poing the vented seats kick on with remote start?

moosehead 10-05-2010 12:50 PM

Re: Remote Start/Heated Seat question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackwolf (Post 279651)
Vented seats are part of the same system according to the manual, the question is at what temp does the system kick in. The EVIC option is simply enabled or disabled (check or uncheck). The question could be expanded as well. Does anyone know at what poing the vented seats kick on with remote start?


Very cool feature. Thanks Gents.

The Operator Manual confirms that the driver's seat vents will kick on at warm ambient temps with remote start, and shows heat kicking in at lower temps, just no reference to actual temperature thresholds.

The EVIC settings show a Remote Start Comfort setting, but there is no menu drop down detail. Blackwolf sounds like you are confirming it is only an on/off option vs. dialing in temp settings?

Either way, nice function.

Blackwolf 10-05-2010 12:55 PM

Re: Remote Start/Heated Seat question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 279658)
Very cool feature. Thanks Gents.

The Operator Manual confirms that the driver's seat vents will kick on at warm ambient temps with remote start, and shows heat kicking in at lower temps, just no reference to actual temperature thresholds.

The EVIC settings show a Remote Start Comfort setting, but there is no menu drop down detail. Blackwolf sounds like you are confirming it is only an on/off option vs. dialing in temp settings?

Either way, nice function.

Correct, this is all how I understand it to work as well. I'm simply wondering if anyone has had the heated seats kick on and what the outside temprature was, I guess I'll find out sooner or later anyway. Won't be long before Chicago winter sets in.

boarderman23 10-05-2010 01:01 PM

Re: Remote Start/Heated Seat question
 
I really wish you could set your own temperature...low 40's in NY in plenty cold to have the heated sites/steering wheel kick on IMO.

tkln 10-05-2010 01:43 PM

Re: Remote Start/Heated Seat question
 
I'd like to know this as well...mine did not kick in on their own. I wish they'd at least stay on if you had them on the last time you drove the car. What's the point of the remote start if my butt can't get warm too? :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community