Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Brake caliper pins Lubrication (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/brake-caliper-pins-lubrication-13695.html)

lewi3069 10-07-2010 10:33 AM

Brake caliper pins Lubrication
 
From http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_maintenance.htm#BRAKECAL

Brake caliper pins Lubrication of brake caliper pins 18,000 mi.
18 mo. 12,000 mi.
12 mo.

How the heck do I do this and what grease?

Scottina06 10-07-2010 11:02 AM

Re: Brake caliper pins Lubrication
 
just go to your local auto parts outlet and look for brake caliper lube....smear it on the pins

lewi3069 10-07-2010 11:05 AM

Re: Brake caliper pins Lubrication
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 280675)
just go to your local auto parts outlet and look for brake caliper lube....smear it on the pins

Easy enough! Thanks lol

Jim Hef 10-07-2010 11:20 AM

Re: Brake caliper pins Lubrication
 
Look for Permatex 'green' synthetic caliper grease in the blister packs. I've found that this doesn't cake up over time like the CRC 'black' synth grease. Get some Brakleen at the same time, and clean out the bushings with this before you replace the cleaned and greased pins.

lewi3069 10-07-2010 11:41 AM

Re: Brake caliper pins Lubrication
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Hef (Post 280681)
Look for Permatex 'green' synthetic caliper grease in the blister packs. I've found that this doesn't cake up over time like the CRC 'black' synth grease. Get some Brakleen at the same time, and clean out the bushings with this before you replace the cleaned and greased pins.

Alright I will do that. everyone is for the Permatex it seems... But they make good products.

jasson67 10-07-2010 11:46 AM

Re: Brake caliper pins Lubrication
 
Ditto on the Permatex. Make sure everything is clean and lube it up good. Also be sure to check the rubber boots and make sure they seal tight around the pins to keep dirt and brake dust out.

Boots are not expensive and worth the investment if they look worn.

I just did the brakes on my 2003 WJ awith 37K miles and never greased the pins till now. They were clean and no scaring.

If you off road it is probably better to grease them more often.

Abiduwhabi 10-07-2010 03:31 PM

Re: Brake caliper pins Lubrication
 
[QUOTE=lewi3069;280670]From http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_maintenance.htm#BRAKECAL

I dunno why but the fuel section on that chart always give me a chuckle.

Fuel: as required (6.1L Hemi, more often)

lewi3069 10-07-2010 03:40 PM

Re: Brake caliper pins Lubrication
 
[QUOTE=Abiduwhabi;280863]
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewi3069 (Post 280670)
From http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_maintenance.htm#BRAKECAL

I dunno why but the fuel section on that chart always give me a chuckle.

Fuel: as required (6.1L Hemi, more often)

Yes quite funny lol :lol:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community