Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   How do you remove the B pillars? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/how-do-you-remove-the-b-pillars-13699.html)

StoneCold 10-07-2010 12:27 PM

How do you remove the B pillars?

I've had a quick poke around. I'm only wanting to remove the top half, where the seatbelt is attached. The whole pillar looks like it's in two sections, top and bottom.

Can't see how I'll get the cover off of the seatbelt retaining bolt that attaches to the pillar. I'm presuming once I get the bolt off, the pillar will come off easy enough. I've searched around but couldn't find anything.

Any help would be appreciated guys and gals:thumbsup:

Aaron

206WJ 10-07-2010 12:42 PM

Re: How do you remove the B pillars?

youe assumption is correct. just clips after that. They are on there good though.

StoneCold 10-07-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 206WJ (Post 280753)
youe assumption is correct. just clips after that. They are on there good though.

Cheers, that's great. So how do you get the bolt cover off. It seems to clip into place, but has a sort of hinge at the top. Just wary of going in to hard and breaking something.

206WJ 10-07-2010 01:14 PM

I used a very small flat head screw driver and popped it open.

StoneCold 10-07-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 206WJ (Post 280766)
I used a very small flat head screw driver and popped it open.

Cool.So it does pop open. I had a screwdriver in it yesterday, but had visions of me breaking the whole thing off if I was too rough.

Thanks again:thumbsup:

206WJ 10-07-2010 02:23 PM

no problem. i forgot to mention you have to push down the adjustment button to pop it off.

StoneCold 10-07-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 206WJ (Post 280813)
no problem. i forgot to mention you have to push down the adjustment button to pop it off.

Ah ha! That could be what I was missing. When I tried to pry it off, there seemed to be very little give in it.

I'll try that

Cheers:thumbsup:

kevinswj 10-12-2010 07:16 PM

A while back I picked up a set of plastic pry bars in various shapes. They are awesome for prying interior parts apart without scratching the crap out of everything. Here in Canada I got them at a place called Princes Auto.

206WJ 10-13-2010 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinswj (Post 283754)
A while back I picked up a set of plastic pry bars in various shapes. They are awesome for prying interior parts apart without scratching the crap out of everything. Here in Canada I got them at a place called Princes Auto.

Agreed. They have them at Harbor Freight, and Sears too in the US.