Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Canceling Jeep Overland? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/canceling-jeep-overland-13775.html)

darjrog 10-09-2010 12:50 PM

Canceling Jeep Overland?
 
I ordered my Overland (black on black, V6) on Aug 7. Still sitting at D1 status for the last 3 weeks. Supposed to be shipped on Oct 13 (don't believe it).

With that said... Just found an Overland with the same build 100 miles away that is available. No Dealer trades accepted on the Overland.

Has anyone canceled their Jeep order and brought one from another Jeep Dealer? What are the penaltiesa? I'm using my Jeep Cherokee Sport as my down payment.

tks2010 10-09-2010 01:34 PM

Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?
 
It's a question of whether your deposit is refundable. My $500 deposit is refundable. Look at your original papers. I assume that it is refundable and you could just ask for it back and walk away. They will make you feel bad but don't since they will easily sell your order when it comes in. I would just tell them that you don't want to wait.

darjrog 10-09-2010 01:47 PM

Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tks2010 (Post 281793)
It's a question of whether your deposit is refundable. My $500 deposit is refundable. Look at your original papers. I assume that it is refundable and you could just ask for it back and walk away. They will make you feel bad but don't since they will easily sell your order when it comes in. I would just tell them that you don't want to wait.

Thanks I will look at my order papers. I am using my old Jeep as a down payment. Not sure if that makes a difference since they have taken the title.

I was looking forward to getting my Overland for my Cabin trip next week in the mountains.

ostroveni 10-09-2010 01:49 PM

Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darjrog (Post 281784)
I ordered my Overland (black on black, V6) on Aug 7. Still sitting at D1 status for the last 3 weeks. Supposed to be shipped on Oct 13 (don't believe it).

With that said... Just found an Overland with the same build 100 miles away that is available. No Dealer trades accepted on the Overland.

Has anyone canceled their Jeep order and brought one from another Jeep Dealer? What are the penaltiesa? I'm using my Jeep Cherokee Sport as my down payment.

I was in this situation ... Ordered in July 10th, built on August 28th ... September 20th still not in with no expected delivery date, a dealer nearby got a similar jeep limited/silver/v6/black and got a 3k better price than my original order ... it was a no brainer ... 3k + drive the car home ... What is strange, my jeep was built September 9th long after my order ...

My original dealer found out and called the new dealer and tried to stop the new deal ... apparently there is a regulation that dealer should not steal other dealer customer ... The original dealer called me and threatened that he will sue me ... and all kind of bs

This convinced me that I should not even consider going back ...

Make sure, you have your mind set (made your decision) and be ready to lose your deposit. For me the deposit was ok to lose due to better price ...

darjrog 10-09-2010 02:21 PM

Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ostroveni (Post 281799)
I was in this situation ... Ordered in July 10th, built on August 28th ... September 20th still not in with no expected delivery date, a dealer nearby got a similar jeep limited/silver/v6/black and got a 3k better price than my original order ... it was a no brainer ... 3k + drive the car home ... What is strange, my jeep was built September 9th long after my order ...

My original dealer found out and called the new dealer and tried to stop the new deal ... apparently there is a regulation that dealer should not steal other dealer customer ... The original dealer called me and threatened that he will sue me ... and all kind of bs

This convinced me that I should not even consider going back ...

Make sure, you have your mind set (made your decision) and be ready to lose your deposit. For me the deposit was ok to lose due to better price ...

Thanks for the advice. Price wise it's the same and I will lose my deposit /trade. Looks like I may have to wait on my order to come in.

MeanDean 10-09-2010 02:28 PM

Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darjrog (Post 281797)
Not sure if that makes a difference since they have taken the title.

THEY WHAT??!!??

Sounds like a pretty shifty tactic to lock you into the deal. I never would have let them have the title until the new car was there and the deal was complete.

ostroveni 10-09-2010 02:35 PM

Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanDean (Post 281816)
THEY WHAT??!!??

Sounds like a pretty shifty tactic to lock you into the deal. I never would have let them have the title until the new car was there and the deal was complete.

They took my title too ... so I was driving my car without a title for 2.5 months... this is no issue. The new dealer registered the new car in a couple of days ... This might be just an intimidation tactic.... it might mean they are insecure... Maybe you accepted a bad deal and they eant to make sure they cash their money :(

PS I changed my post a little. Disclaimer: This is based on my bad experience with this incredibly bad dealer that I had the displeasure to deal with ...

I have remove the sentence: Who does this is not worth talking to... and added the "might" to point that this is only my view

darjrog 10-09-2010 02:46 PM

Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ostroveni (Post 281818)
They took my title too ... so I was driving my car without a title for 2.5 months... this is no issue. The new dealer registered the new car in a couple of days ... This is just an intimidation tactic.... Who does this is not worth talking to... it means they are insecure... Maybe you accepted a bad deal and they eant to make sure they cash their money :(

Same deal here. I'm calling the dealership today. Better yet I may do an in person visit.

Thanks!

RyeGuy 10-09-2010 03:00 PM

Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darjrog (Post 281784)
I ordered my Overland (black on black, V6) on Aug 7. Still sitting at D1 status for the last 3 weeks. Supposed to be shipped on Oct 13 (don't believe it).

With that said... Just found an Overland with the same build 100 miles away that is available. No Dealer trades accepted on the Overland.

Has anyone canceled their Jeep order and brought one from another Jeep Dealer? What are the penaltiesa? I'm using my Jeep Cherokee Sport as my down payment.


Same Boat. I placed my order on 8/29 (still no VIN). Talk about the dealership dropping th ball. I called everywhere in East coast today and found an Overland with almost everything I want. Just no Skid Plates (I'll do that later). Anyway I have to pay $500.00 more but im picking it up in Monday! As far as the original deal I called the dealership they said we totally understand and to come pick up my refund whenever is conveniant for me.

PS Adventure Jeep in OH has an overland in stock Black on Black for 48,500 and they where willing to drive it to me all the way in NYC. I wouldnt have done that if I didnt find one close. Ask for Mike Berg.:D

JoeSchmoe007 10-09-2010 03:27 PM

Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?
 
Try working with your first dealer. If you found what you want at another dealer ask you first dealer to get it from another dealer. They can do that - I was told that by my dealer.

Blackwolf 10-10-2010 10:04 AM

Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RyeGuy (Post 281826)
...in stock Black on Black for 48,500 ...

48500? Holy crap, what all does it have?

Scottina06 10-10-2010 10:14 AM

Re: Canceling Jeep Overland?
 
thats more than msrp! must have some add ons


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community