Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Black Grille with bloody accents (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/black-grille-with-bloody-accents-13779.html)

c_nall 10-09-2010 03:31 PM

Black Grille with bloody accents

3 Attachment(s)
So i attempted to create a black chrome affect on my grille and emblem but discovered its sooooo hard to make it even, so i decided to maybe try that again another time with a real chrome grille since mine was just silver. So i couldnt ust leave it the way it was and painted it all gloss black. When i took the bumper off to paint the lower insert i decided to switch up the grille inserts so it didnt look so plain. I cut the horizontal pieces out so everything was vertical. then i painted it red with a couple coats. then i turned it around and painted it gloss black from the back until all you could see was the red on the front edge. I think it turned out pretty dope. Tell me what you think.
PS i also debadged the front Jeep. and i cleaned the glue off even though its in the pictures

Chaoul1 10-09-2010 06:32 PM

Re: Black Grille with bloody accents

I like the first picture with the grille all Black IMO. It gives it an aggressive theme for the front end!

Scottina06 10-09-2010 09:59 PM

I like the all black the best as well

DAVY27 10-09-2010 10:07 PM

looks nice. i like it better with the red accents.

GR33N D3M0N 10-09-2010 10:10 PM

i agree with Davy...i like the red accents, i like the fact that u took time to do the red accents...

c_nall 10-13-2010 11:16 AM

Preciate the input. I can never leave it be haha. Itll probably change again and again.
Ive also got a nice detail that im in the middle of adding a little WK2 flavor to the rear emblem. Hope you guys like it, cuz i think it looks dope as hell. I ll post pics later, im redoing it since i messed up some of the paint (a little impatient)

moosehead 10-13-2010 12:11 PM

nice. i'm also considering debadging the front end, just a bit of pucker factor when pulling the jeep letters, like lightning will strike.

c_nall 10-13-2010 12:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think it looks much better debadged, especially on the Wks. I debadged everything and took the Grand cherokee Badge from the side and painted it with a black chrome finish and did this. Im redoing because the pinstripe i used to keep myself straight messed up the paint. What do you guys think. I got the idea from the rear jeep emblem on the WK2.

jeepnjeep 10-14-2010 06:05 AM

I like the red accents also. Just enough red to highlight it a bit. Nice job.