Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   How noticable are bigger wheels/tires on your 4.7? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/how-noticable-are-bigger-wheels-tires-on-your-4-7-a-1379.html)

Relwarc 07-13-2009 07:32 AM

How noticable are bigger wheels/tires on your 4.7?
 
when i had my '94 ZJ.... i noticed a huge difference in acceleration and gas mileage (negative) when i went up to 33" swampers, then to 35" swampers. The jeep became a DOG...

will this be a problem if i end up on 20" rims and 33" AT's in my 4.7?

I figure with the 4.7, i shouldnt notice TOO much of a difference.... right?:cool:

NHWK05 07-13-2009 07:33 AM

Re: How noticable are bigger wheels/tires on your 4.7?
 
Well it does not really matter because we just discovered in another thread that they dont make gears for the front of the WK yet.

Ask AcidCold.

Relwarc 07-13-2009 07:42 AM

Re: How noticable are bigger wheels/tires on your 4.7?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NHWK05 (Post 32575)
Well it does not really matter because we just discovered in another thread that they dont make gears for the front of the WK yet.

Ask AcidCold.

i saw that, but... i still wanna lift it....

i dont really mind if it slows down a little, i dont plan on drag racing.... i was just curious what i can expect. I dont want my WK doggin on me on the highway.

jeepnjeep 07-13-2009 07:45 AM

Re: How noticable are bigger wheels/tires on your 4.7?
 
You will lose power and get worse mileage. It's just unavoidable. Just how much, I dunno. The 4.7 is a pretty peppy little engine so I don't think it'll be too bad. I'd recalibrate the speedo though, it will be off by quite a bit.

NHWK05 07-13-2009 07:46 AM

Re: How noticable are bigger wheels/tires on your 4.7?
 
That i cannot answer for you, but like i said Acid cold and jeepwk05 on here have lifted wks, not sure on tire size though.

Also jeepsunlimited has a pretty good wk section with alot of guys running lifted rigs.

Scottina06 07-13-2009 08:11 AM

Re: How noticable are bigger wheels/tires on your 4.7?
 
I have had the 20" SRT wheels on my 4.7 for almost 3 years now and i didnt notice any difference. I know one...the ride, handling and road manners are extremely better. Performance even before I did the mods I have felt better to me. But you also have to look at my setup...a forged wheel vs. other aftermarket cast wheels.

BUBBADOG 07-13-2009 11:20 AM

Re: How noticable are bigger wheels/tires on your 4.7?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 32586)
I have had the 20" SRT wheels on my 4.7 for almost 3 years now and i didnt notice any difference. I know one...the ride, handling and road manners are extremely better. Performance even before I did the mods I have felt better to me. But you also have to look at my setup...a forged wheel vs. other aftermarket cast wheels.

Man i thought that it was a SRT-8 thanks u just spoiled it for me lol...I had 20 on my 96 limited and i HATED it rode so shitty and taking a turn was rough it would rub

Scottina06 07-13-2009 11:37 AM

Re: How noticable are bigger wheels/tires on your 4.7?
 
nope....its a poser

BUBBADOG 07-13-2009 11:44 AM

Re: How noticable are bigger wheels/tires on your 4.7?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 32690)
nope....its a poser

Chit the best dam poser i ever seen scott!! nice job bro:thumbsup:

JeepWK05 07-13-2009 04:18 PM

Re: How noticable are bigger wheels/tires on your 4.7?
 


Quote:

Originally Posted by NHWK05 (Post 32581)
That i cannot answer for you, but like i said Acid cold and jeepwk05 on here have lifted wks, not sure on tire size though.

Also jeepsunlimited has a pretty good wk section with alot of guys running lifted rigs.

My jeep ('05 4.7) is stock height but i am running general grabbers at2 255/65/17. Pretty hefty tires, i have not noticed a change at all in MPG or acceleration. Also took that stupid airdam plastic off, no change in MPG that i can detect.

Robert Palmer 07-13-2009 05:59 PM

Re: How noticable are bigger wheels/tires on your 4.7?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BUBBADOG (Post 32676)
Man i thought that it was a SRT-8 thanks u just spoiled it for me lol...I had 20 on my 96 limited and i HATED it rode so shitty and taking a turn was rough it would rub

Damn Scott you had him going for years. :lol:

AcidCold 07-13-2009 07:13 PM

Re: How noticable are bigger wheels/tires on your 4.7?
 
I have 33's and did notice power loss at low end and top, Cold air, cat-back and SC brought some of that power back thought and i really don't feel like it's a brick! she can hold her own and i would not trade it for a Hemi.

PS i have a 4.7 just in case..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community