Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   2007 Charger 5.7 throttle body on 2010 GC 5.7? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/2007-charger-5-7-throttle-body-on-2010-gc-5-7-a-13806.html)

Tyrant_246 10-10-2010 04:44 AM

2007 Charger 5.7 throttle body on 2010 GC 5.7?
 
Will it work?

i have a ported throtle body from my previous car a 2007 charger R/T and i'm just wondering if the throttle body will fit on my 2010 5.7 GC.
Anyone tried it or know the answer.. tried a search but nothing on the 5.7's all results were for the 4.7's.

Mike_Levy 10-10-2010 05:52 AM

Re: 2007 Charger 5.7 throttle body on 2010 GC 5.7?
 
Sure does. Its a bit shorter though. The truck throttle bodys are about half an inch thicker in depth and have a larger lip. They can be bored about 2mm bigger then the car ones.

What do you have, the Modern Muscle, that they claim is 85mm, but only measures 82mm? :rolleyes:

Tyrant_246 10-10-2010 07:01 AM

Re: 2007 Charger 5.7 throttle body on 2010 GC 5.7?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_Levy (Post 282080)
Sure does. Its a bit shorter though. The truck throttle bodys are about half an inch thicker in depth and have a larger lip. They can be bored about 2mm bigger then the car ones.

What do you have, the Modern Muscle, that they claim is 85mm, but only measures 82mm? :rolleyes:

lol yeah its the MM ones.. oddly enough when i took a caliper to them they were 83-83.75mm.. felt a bit ripped off but as part of a whole package on my charger (full boltons) it did make a difference so i let it go.

and seeing its just laying around the house thought i'd put it to some use :)

Scottina06 10-10-2010 09:08 AM

Re: 2007 Charger 5.7 throttle body on 2010 GC 5.7?
 
I dont know if it will work or not......but its a quick install. I know a member or two here got TB's from the Ram and it didnt work.

Tyrant_246 10-10-2010 11:05 AM

Re: 2007 Charger 5.7 throttle body on 2010 GC 5.7?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 282109)
I dont know if it will work or not......but its a quick install. I know a member or two here got TB's from the Ram and it didnt work.

on the charger it was super easy to swap and it looks to be the same with the GC..
but it seems to be such a waste to remove the stock intake just to change the throttle body.. putting a new CAI sounds more fun and worth while lol.. got any recommendations? :)

FlyinRyan 10-10-2010 11:20 AM

Re: 2007 Charger 5.7 throttle body on 2010 GC 5.7?
 
Charger TB will work. The 2010 WK TB I did about a year ago looked identical to the older LX/Jeep TBs I usually do.

Let me know if you want to sell your stock TB.

Scottina06 10-10-2010 11:56 AM

Re: 2007 Charger 5.7 throttle body on 2010 GC 5.7?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrant_246 (Post 282149)
on the charger it was super easy to swap and it looks to be the same with the GC..
but it seems to be such a waste to remove the stock intake just to change the throttle body.. putting a new CAI sounds more fun and worth while lol.. got any recommendations? :)


4" bwoody

AcidCold 10-10-2010 02:28 PM

Re: 2007 Charger 5.7 throttle body on 2010 GC 5.7?
 
Arrington.

http://www.shophemi.com/p-1251-arrin...ir-intake.aspx

Robert Palmer 10-10-2010 02:39 PM

Re: 2007 Charger 5.7 throttle body on 2010 GC 5.7?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 282173)
4" bwoody

:werd:

Tyrant_246 10-10-2010 11:56 PM

Re: 2007 Charger 5.7 throttle body on 2010 GC 5.7?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 282173)
4" bwoody

thanks for the recommendation :)..

and am working on it ;)

Tyrant_246 10-10-2010 11:57 PM

Re: 2007 Charger 5.7 throttle body on 2010 GC 5.7?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepy4.7 (Post 282155)
Charger TB will work. The 2010 WK TB I did about a year ago looked identical to the older LX/Jeep TBs I usually do.

Let me know if you want to sell your stock TB.

thats really comforting, thanks :).

About my stock TB.. well the shipping is gonna be insane! i dont reside in the states.

Tyrant_246 10-24-2010 10:41 PM

Re: 2007 Charger 5.7 throttle body on 2010 GC 5.7?
 
guys just to update you on this:
the 2007 Charger 5.7 throttle body is a direct fit on the 2010 GC 5.7, infact it is the exact same TB (part#'s and all).

too bad the Bwoody IAT extension was not a direct fit! lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community