Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Anybody installed lock pick on 2011?.... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/anybody-installed-lock-pick-on-2011-a-13830.html)

jonesark 10-10-2010 10:19 PM

Anybody installed lock pick on 2011?....

a lock pick on your 2011 JGC? Does it work and how hard is the install?

wk2silverbullet 10-11-2010 06:42 AM

Re: Anybody installed....

no,but I was watching a movie in park and the sound system is excellent. Better than a movie theater.....

paui4m 10-11-2010 07:48 AM

Does anybody know if you can still listen to a DVD while driving or does it completely disable the DVD drive when not in park (i.e. concert dvd's, etc) ?

GR33N D3M0N 10-11-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paui4m (Post 282600)
Does anybody know if you can still listen to a DVD while driving or does it completely disable the DVD drive when not in park (i.e. concert dvd's, etc) ?

thats what the lockpick is for!

wk2silverbullet 10-11-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paui4m (Post 282600)

I just tried, and the DVD will still run and you can hear the audio. the video is only in park (on the manual there are a bunch of other things that must happen, but basically if you are in park you can watch)

paui4m 10-11-2010 10:29 AM

Thanks for checking, silverbullet!
That's exactly what I was wondering.

The dealer is installing my 430N as we 'speak' and I was curious....

jonesark 10-11-2010 12:03 PM

I'm really thinking about ordering one when my jeep comes in. Ive had several trucks that "blacked out" key features when moving, and I hate it!!

whatevrworks 10-11-2010 09:57 PM

I have had it installed for a month or so. Works great with 730n. DVD while driving, enter nav stuff while driving and wired up the additional inputs as well. The only thing I did not bother with was the ability to turn the backup camera on at any time.

jonesark 10-11-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatevrworks (Post 283128)
I have had it installed for a month or so. Works great with 730n. DVD while driving, enter nav stuff while driving and wired up the additional inputs as well. The only thing I did not bother with was the ability to turn the backup camera on at any time.

is there something special you have to do to get that feature? what company did you buy your lockpick from?

whatevrworks 10-11-2010 10:24 PM

Backup camera power source is the reverse/backup lights. To get control of it all the time you have to run a power wire from lockpick back to the camera so it can be powered up (aka activated) at any time via the nav unit. Didnt want to mess with removing a lot trim and other stuff yet since that is how you end up with rattles and noises sometimes depending on how things are attached or built.

jonesark 10-11-2010 10:39 PM

Re: Anybody installed lock pick on 2011?....

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatevrworks (Post 283140)
Backup camera power source is the reverse/backup lights. To get control of it all the time you have to run a power wire from lockpick back to the camera so it can be powered up (aka activated) at any time via the nav unit. Didnt want to mess with removing a lot trim and other stuff yet since that is how you end up with rattles and noises sometimes depending on how things are attached or built.

gotcha.....I feel the same way!! How was the install? Is it hard to remove the dash/nav system in the 2011? who did you get your lockpick from?

whatevrworks 10-12-2010 06:53 AM

Install was fairly easy. Hardest part was getting the trim around the radio off. Unlike past jeeps this one is tightly installed. Be careful take your time and work it out a little bit at a time. As far as the actual lockpick it was easy plug an play. Also there is plenty of room between my nav and the ac control unit to Zip tie the lockpick unit into place.