Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Build status thread for Overlands with Tech package

75K views 620 replies 74 participants last post by  Cperez 
#1 ·
I think it would be helpful for those of us waiting for Overlands with the tech package to know the status of others. I ordered mine more than three weeks ago (9/18). Also ordered mineral grey and saddle interior. Still in "C" status. I called jeep customer service today and they had no idea when it would go into production or be delivered. Anyone with the tech package in anything other than "C" status. :mad:

#115 ·
Was told by lady at Jeep today that Saddle interior was delayed till Monday the 15th. Milous can you verify this or is she misinformed? Maybe this is why no D1 status for most of us who ordered?

#116 ·
That can't be right....the "insiders" said it's in full production. Some members on here already have ship dates.

#119 · (Edited)
Pardon my language, BUT WTF, how come Bob went D1 on 10/29 with the tech. package, ordered 3 weeks after I ordered and those

others with the tech. pkg. are still in limbo? ? ? ? :confused::mad::confused:

I was told 6 to 8 weeks when I ordered and it is now 7 weeks and no delivery in sight....NOT GOOD CHRYSLER, NOT GOOD! ! ! !

#125 ·
Milous, why is Bebe in D1 when he ordered less than two weeks ago, while some of us are still in D after more than 6 weeks?

#131 ·
I ordered a saddle V8 Overland with no tech package on 9-22 and they told me yesterday they have no schedule for me at all at this point. So its not the tech and saddle combo that's holding everything up. Madness.

#136 ·
Not sure if this is accurate, but came accross this site that seemed to indicate production for models with adaptive speed control didn't start until 11/8:

http://www.donlen.com/production_trucks_chrysler.html

maybe that's why that option is delaying things...

#137 ·
its the saddle interior that is delaying things.

#144 ·
Me. By process of elimination.

#147 ·
We need insider help here.... People ordering Overlands without Saddle and Tech are getting them in 4-6 weeks now. That should mean that there is currently nobody who has been waiting longer for an order than those of us that ordered around 9/16 when ordering opened for the tech package. We should be at the front of the line, and they should be building nothing but our Overlands next week. So why are we still not in D1!?!? I've been pretty calm until now, but now I'm starting to get mad! Chrysler management sucks!

#149 ·
We need insider help here.... People ordering Overlands without Saddle and Tech are getting them in 4-6 weeks now. That should mean that there is currently nobody who has been waiting longer for an order than those of us that ordered around 9/16 when ordering opened for the tech package. We should be at the front of the line, and they should be building nothing but our Overlands next week. So why are we still not in D1!?!? I've been pretty calm until now, but now I'm starting to get mad! Chrysler management sucks!

I'm a mid sept. saddle sucker. Just hung up jeep. They had NOTHING to report. Not scheduled in the slightest. Less than ZERO is my status.

#151 ·
We're still behind. Like way behind.

Let me see if I can explain it.

Last night, there was a Jeep that came down. It was a White Limited 4x2. VIN was 513XXX. This thing should have been built back in July-ish. NOT November. VIN 601XXX was right behind it.

The wait time for known late availability items isn't gonna be short by any means.

And if we continue to have these parts interruptions.... then I dunno what other crap's gonna go down!

#152 ·
Yeah, I've just accepted the fact that no one knows when the thing will be built and I'll get it when I get it....I went D going on 3 weeks now. Kinda figured I'd see it this month, but that looks less and less likely with every passing day.

#153 ·
I told you guys, any "D" status is NOTHING to get excited about. You could be there for hours, days, weeks, months.........

#157 ·
I don't know, they haven't said but the Durango is gonna be just as hot if not hottER than the Grand Cherokee.

3rd shift, no. Then ..... wait... YES, 3RD SHIFT!! THEN I WOULDN'T HAVE TO WORK 9-10 hours a day! DO 8 AND GO BYE BYE!

That would be nice. :)

#155 ·
Hey Marlon,

I had a question -- do these get grouped by color so that every color isn't run every day? Or do they really have enough paint lines so that every color is always active?

Just curious, because it might mean that my Natural Green one might take longer since it's not a very popular color.

#156 ·
The line looks like a rainbow, if that answers your question. :) Every color is run every day. It's really funny when I see Green-Red-Green-Red or Silver-Gold-Green. It reminds me of Christmas which is quickly approaching. :)

So every color is always active. I dunno how paint shop works, never been over there. I just know they're always screwing up my hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.