Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Auto headlights not working (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/auto-headlights-not-working-13875.html)

gc4x4 10-11-2010 11:01 PM

Auto headlights not working

I installed the sun sensor and auto headlight stalk but the auto headlights don't seem to work,all the connections are fine, do I need to disconnect the battery, add a fuse or something else? Thanks

Scottina06 10-11-2010 11:29 PM

Re: Auto headlights not working

who told you that you just needed the stalk and sensor? You also need the mirror and then it needs activated with a startscan and then calibrated.....

SmartBeam rearview mirror (without UConnect) - P/N 55157395AD. MSRP $364.00.

SmartBeam rearview mirror (with UConnect) - P/N 55156726AH. MSRP $564.00
(for upgrading vehicles that came from the factory with the non-SmartBeam UConnect mirror)

gc4x4 10-12-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 283157)
who told you that you just needed the stalk and sensor? You also need the mirror and then it needs activated with a startscan and then calibrated.....

SmartBeam rearview mirror (without UConnect) - P/N 55157395AD. MSRP $364.00.

SmartBeam rearview mirror (with UConnect) - P/N 55156726AH. MSRP $564.00
(for upgrading vehicles that came from the factory with the non-SmartBeam UConnect mirror)

No,im not adding the smartbeam, Im adding the automatic on/off headlights that turn on when it gets dark.

Hammerhead 10-14-2010 09:16 AM

You still might need activation through a starscan tool. Even the trailer wiring harness needs activation. :(

SvenskaJeepGuy 10-14-2010 12:42 PM

does your menu have the option to turn auto lights on? if not you will need starscan.

gc4x4 10-14-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerhead (Post 284753)
You still might need activation through a starscan tool. Even the trailer wiring harness needs activation. :(

My dealers service dept has been good to me, so I made an apt for Monday and I will have them check it out and activate it.
I wish Chrysler would make it where you can change/turn on options without having to go to the dealer.:(

SportRanger06 10-31-2010 08:27 PM

I just ordered the auto headlight sensor and switch with the fog light parts for my '09 WK, did you have to go to the dealer to get the auto headlight activated through the star scan tool as well? I just want to know if I should ask them to do that while I am there having the fog lights activated.

gc4x4 11-01-2010 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportRanger06 (Post 293838)
I just ordered the auto headlight sensor and switch with the fog light parts for my '09 WK, did you have to go to the dealer to get the auto headlight activated through the star scan tool as well? I just want to know if I should ask them to do that while I am there having the fog lights activated.

I installed my stalk w/ fog and auto headlights plus sensor but I still need the dealer check out the auto lights because they don't seem to work and I'm thinking they might have to be activated via starscan. I will have it checked out this week and get back to you.

Ricofrancois 11-22-2010 06:27 PM

Hi can anyone confirm that the stalk with fog and auto light is a direct replacement and what is the part number / where to find it? I went to my Jeep dealer and the guy from the parts departments couldn't find the stalk with auto lights. Also where can you find the sensor and where does it connect to in the car? Finally can anyone confirm which relay to get for the fog lights?

SportRanger06 11-22-2010 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The stalk is a direct swap. I had to get mine from the dealer though, because jeepoemparts.com sent me the wrong stalk. I also had to get the fog light relay at the dealer, since there were no auto parts stores that carried it. It connects in the fuse and relay box under the hood in the position pointed out in the picture attache. The relay is mopar part number 4671168E. Hope this helps.

BlinkCherokee 11-01-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc4x4 (Post 293985)
I installed my stalk w/ fog and auto headlights plus sensor but I still need the dealer check out the auto lights because they don't seem to work and I'm thinking they might have to be activated via starscan. I will have it checked out this week and get back to you.

Sorry to bump an old thread, I can't PM yet due to post count. Did you ever get this working? Thanks.