Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Color combos and features (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/color-combos-and-features-13915.html)

jrfenway 10-12-2010 06:47 PM

Color combos and features

Ordered my overland brilliant black with brown saddle, V6, teck package, chrome package, rear DVD, and engine block heater 2 weeks ago. According to some on this forum tech package won't be built till Dec and I am getting too anxious. My dealer is clueless and says that should have VIN soon and most likely have by Turkey Day. He also told me these forums were full of bad info but I have given him more info on these Overlands from these forum that has been 100% accurate and he now knows to not make promises he can't keep as I have more knowledge on this vehicle then him and his whole sales staff! Only good thing is I know I got a good deal so going to fight thru the wait as I like my features:)

Also I saw a picture of a Dark Charcoal and really liked it but don't think it will look as good as black with brown saddle. Any opinions on this?

Also if someone could tell me estimated waiting period after VIN is assigned and when tech package will start being built I would appreciate!

Curly 10-12-2010 07:19 PM

Re: Color combos and features

Welcome to the Garage. I recently joined also. I'm waiting on a GC V8 with tech package, ordered on 9/16. We are in the same boat, looks like a long wait for us both. At least we have a lot of reading on this forum to keep us busy.

Scottina06 10-12-2010 08:54 PM

the tech pack is due to start production on 11/18

GR33N D3M0N 10-12-2010 10:00 PM

Welcome!!! Good Luck with the wait!

Scottina06 10-12-2010 11:07 PM

yes...welcome!

jonesark 10-12-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrfenway (Post 283731)
Ordered my overland brilliant black with brown saddle, V6, teck package, chrome package, rear DVD, and engine block heater 2 weeks ago. According to some on this forum tech package won't be built till Dec and I am getting too anxious. My dealer is clueless and says that should have VIN soon and most likely have by Turkey Day. He also told me these forums were full of bad info but I have given him more info on these Overlands from these forum that has been 100% accurate and he now knows to not make promises he can't keep as I have more knowledge on this vehicle then him and his whole sales staff! Only good thing is I know I got a good deal so going to fight thru the wait as I like my features:)

Also I saw a picture of a Dark Charcoal and really liked it but don't think it will look as good as black with brown saddle. Any opinions on this?

Also if someone could tell me estimated waiting period after VIN is assigned and when tech package will start being built I would appreciate!

I would be surprised to see it by Christmas much less Thanksgiving.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 10-12-2010 11:37 PM

welcome

Sid Fields 10-13-2010 04:30 AM

Quote:

He also told me these forums were full of bad info

Bad jokes maybe, but never bad info. It's pretty easy to sort out what are facts vs. opinion. I don't think you could find a more concentrated source of valuable information anywhere on the Net. And not just with the new purchase. Iv'e picked up several things about the maintence of my old 2000 GC as well.

Dark Charcoal is a great color but it's one of the colors like the Blackberry that look different in different lighting conditions. Check out all the colors in person at different times of the day in shade, sunlight and overcast days.
You can't go wrong with the black. Only reason I'm not getting one is that I want a change from the old Jeep.

mrfixxit7 10-13-2010 07:23 AM

I am looking to buy a overland as well. I am currently stationed overseas right now and will not be back to the states until April or so of next year. I am also interested to hear what your opinions are regarding color combos. because I will basically have to order the jeep I want about 2 months before I get back to the states. And will not be able to see one in person.
I do like the saddle brown leather but not to sure what color would go well with it. I think black would look very good, What do you think about white gold with the saddle brown?
Thanks, Ron

rdalcanto 10-13-2010 08:16 AM

I think mineral grey and saddle interior will be the bomb, and that is what I ordered.... We'll know better in a couple of months when mineral grey is here and there are lots of photos....

JoeSchmoe007 10-13-2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

I agree

[I ordered Dark Charcoal Laredo X with black leather]

azcats2 10-13-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfixxit7 (Post 283988)
I am looking to buy a overland as well. I am currently stationed overseas right now and will not be back to the states until April or so of next year. I am also interested to hear what your opinions are regarding color combos. because I will basically have to order the jeep I want about 2 months before I get back to the states. And will not be able to see one in person.
I do like the saddle brown leather but not to sure what color would go well with it. I think black would look very good, What do you think about white gold with the saddle brown?
Thanks, Ron

off topic, but i see you are in buenos aires. my wife and i spent our honeymoon there and had an incredible time. completely envious of you! send me some empanadas please