Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   WK straight axle??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/wk-straight-axle-13917.html)

nikates 10-12-2010 07:06 PM

WK straight axle???

Has anyone tried to put a straight axle on there wk yet?

robpp 10-12-2010 07:27 PM

Re: WK straight axle???

only an srt8 rear that I have seen.

i cant recall any lifted or anything. i think the electronics might be the limiting factor on the QDII at a minimum.

Relwarc 10-13-2010 07:23 AM

i've been waiting for someone to finally do a straight axle conversion on a WK and get them above 4" of lift. It is a simple process... maybe find and throw a different (dare i say better?) transfer case under it, and you'll have a sweet rig.

the only reason i can think of that a shop hasnt done it? $$$ and the fact that the WK is way too big with WAY too much body to be a serious offroader (go ahead, flame me).

Escape 10-13-2010 08:34 AM

It's been done. I talked to a guy yesterday, whose son had put Rubicon axles underneath the WK.

If he Emails me I'll tell him to come here and share the build.

Relwarc 10-13-2010 08:58 AM

yeah def do, i wanna see.

cort692 10-13-2010 11:48 AM

In my opinion, and experience, it makes no sense to try and put a solid axle on a WK. The rear is a solid axle and putting a solid front axle in would be as much money as buying a used cherokee in good condition with relatively low miles and putting some height on it.

I know that a company is going to be coming out with a 5.5" lift for the WK soon. And rough country said that they're coming out with a 4" lift soon too.

cheapjeep 10-14-2010 10:03 AM

Yeah,you guys quit trying to make those WKs into a superior WJ by
putting a solid axle under them(thats all we have left!)Its that "Group
B"thing again.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Seriously though those things look wicked
lifted.Id love to see one at 6.5"

Relwarc 10-14-2010 12:10 PM

haha awesome group B refrence...

i had a ZJ... and WJ's were always trying to be little round ZJ's!

cheapjeep 10-14-2010 02:55 PM

:lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:LMFAO!:thumbsup::lol::lol ::lol:

nikates 10-14-2010 03:56 PM

im going to be going with full length one tons an 38's im just looking for some pics before i start ripping my wk apart.

WSP Jeep 10-14-2010 07:39 PM

Escape- Get that kid with the rubicon axles on this site ASAP. I have to see a WK with a sas swap. Dont just ask him to join tell him he is required to join with that kind of setup.

jeepingib 10-16-2010 11:52 PM

I don't think that it would be worth the amount of work that would be required to do it. Gutting the entire front suspension on a unibody is also going to take out some of the structural integrity.