Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   iPod (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/ipod-13939.html)

Red G8R 10-13-2010 12:03 PM

iPod

I have tried connecting my iPod via the cable provided on the Overland but can't seem to register any connection. The iPod screen does display "U-Connect" but nothing on the car's screen when in radio mode. I've gone through the menu, checked MY Music and see nothing about iPod either.
Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance.

Cherodude 10-13-2010 12:41 PM

Re: iPod

There are many generations of iPods, so perhaps if you have a recent model some tweaking of the systems by Apple and Chrysler may be needed.

For example scroll to the bottom portion of this page:
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_tsb.htm#TIPS

Maybe the iPhone4 advice may help you? Note the requirement to connect in a specific way.

Hope this helps.

wk2silverbullet 10-13-2010 01:38 PM

Did you press the radio button twice? Then u will see the ipod tab.

Red G8R 10-13-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wk2silverbullet (Post 284193)
Did you press the radio button twice? Then u will see the ipod tab.

No I didn't try that, but I will, thanks.
You would think they would make it staight forward or explain more in the manual.

azzolij 10-13-2010 03:46 PM

Press the Media button and then the AUX button on the screen. You may have to wait
10 to 30 seconds for the AUX button to light up.

Red G8R 10-13-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azzolij (Post 284311)
Press the Media button and then the AUX button on the screen. You may have to wait
10 to 30 seconds for the AUX button to light up.

I can't seem to find an AUX button but I will try that too. I have the 730N.

whatevrworks 10-13-2010 05:26 PM

Hmm. I have the 730n. And I just have to press the radio/media button once or twice depending where I am on the unit. The iPod button then appears top left/ top center-left. Check that the cable is completely plugged in at the back of storage bin. It's a cheap plastic connector and may not be seated in there correctly.

Never had to push aux button for anything since 730 doesn't have one at least not a hard button. It may in the softkey menus.

azzolij 10-13-2010 05:36 PM

My mistake. I have the 430N and the problem statement reminded me of the fun I had the first time I tried to get my IPod to show up...

Alpine makes a decent radio but their user interface is not the best. That's just my opinion after spending the last 2 years with an Alpine 9887 in my previous vehicle.

dubwarren 10-13-2010 06:34 PM

if the ipod is connected properly you will be able to switch between sources until you get to the ipod. i think ipod is right after the tv source. Use the button on the back of your steering wheel to move between tv, sirius, cd, hdd and ipod. once you get to the ipod you can use the touch screen to control the ipod.

you're gonna love it.

Red G8R 10-14-2010 01:18 PM

I got it!
I finally had time to try your suggestions. I do have the 730N. I missed that the Radio Media button really meant Radio or Media, so by pressing that button twice, it switches between Radio (am, fm, sat) or Media (hdd, aux, ipod).
Thanks again for all the help.

Technosavant 10-14-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red G8R (Post 284850)
I got it!
I finally had time to try your suggestions. I do have the 730N. I missed that the Radio Media button really meant Radio or Media, so by pressing that button twice, it switches between Radio (am, fm, sat) or Media (hdd, aux, ipod).
Thanks again for all the help.

Yeah, I don't know why they didn't make those tabs go all the way across the screen; instead you have to hit the hard button in order to swap "pages." They had room to do it the right way.

dubwarren 10-14-2010 08:25 PM

you know you can navigate between "pages" with the button on the back of the steering wheel.