Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Window tinting? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/window-tinting-13962.html)

jonesark 10-13-2010 08:51 PM

Window tinting?

If you have tinted you 2011 JGC windows, what % did you go with and how does it match the rear windows? Also has anybody put an eyebrow on and did it effect the auto high/low beams?

jonnyg 10-13-2010 08:55 PM

Re: Window tinting?

I just had my front windows tinted to 15% and it matches the rear perfectly.

jonesark 10-13-2010 09:02 PM

awesome...i was wondering about how dark would match the rear! thanks for your input.

jonnyg 10-13-2010 09:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are three pictures of the tinted windows. It is also hard to detect but I also had a clear bra put on it as well.

jonesark 10-13-2010 09:47 PM

That looks great!! What do you think about an eyebrow. I've had them on my last 3 trucks and like the look, but I'm not sure how it will effect the auto high/low??

Megatron 10-13-2010 10:58 PM

Looks nice tinted up!

AIR_RAM 10-14-2010 05:45 AM

I just had ours done. Im not sure what % but the shop that did it looked at it and then just grabbed the tint... It matched perfectly. So I would assume any competent shop should be able to chose it correctly for you... thats what they do for a living.

Our windshild BROW comes flush with the factory "SPECKLE" tint behind the rearview...

It looks great but on a sunny day you can still see into the Jeep... I personaly tint for security reasons more than anything else... of course it keeping the vehicle cooler is a bonus... I may get the windows done darker in the future... the factory tint is just a shade to light in my opinion.

NICK

whatevrworks 10-14-2010 01:55 PM

30 percent ceramic all around (not windshield) over the factory it looks great. There are pictures out there somewhere from when I first took it home.

AB Jeepster 10-14-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatevrworks (Post 284871)
30 percent ceramic all around (not windshield) over the factory it looks great. There are pictures out there somewhere from when I first took it home.

and where are they now? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

whatevrworks 10-14-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AB Jeepster (Post 284882)
and where are they now? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Too much a pain w
From iPhone. Just search for my name and Hemi limited pics I'm sure they are here.

mmoreda 10-22-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyg (Post 284578)
Here are three pictures of the tinted windows. It is also hard to detect but I also had a clear bra put on it as well.

Looks like you didn't tint the windshield... The sides look like a perfect match! Congrats!

Nevertheless, just wondering if anybody did the front windows + the windshield and what %... Tinting the windshield will make the side windows look darker.. Maybe 15% front + tinted windshield might come out slightly darker than factory..

mmoreda 10-22-2010 05:14 PM

Just had the SUV tinted... 20% sides + 40% windshield, looks spot on. Still have to wait for the tints to settle to be sure. Will try to post pics tomorrow with sunlight.