Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   What would you recommend? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/what-would-you-recommend-13999.html)

mrfixxit7 10-15-2010 08:03 AM

What would you recommend?
 
I am going to by an Overland early next year, I am planing on getting all the bells and whistles as well. But my question is would it be better getting the standard sunroof with the factory dvd system or getting the bigger sunroof and maybe installing a after market dvd system with the monitors in the back of the front seats.
What are some ideas you guys have on upgrading the stereo system as well?
Thanks, Ron

mangoe 10-15-2010 08:25 AM

Re: What would you recommend?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfixxit7 (Post 285240)
I am going to by an Overland early next year, I am planing on getting all the bells and whistles as well. But my question is would it be better getting the standard sunroof with the factory dvd system or getting the bigger sunroof and maybe installing a after market dvd system with the monitors in the back of the front seats.
What are some ideas you guys have on upgrading the stereo system as well?
Thanks, Ron

Yes I am thinking of getting the standard sunroof,so I can get the DVD with the Sirius 3 sat tv channel,so I can watch daffy duck,and bugs bunny,you might want to do the same to. :lol:

tkln 10-15-2010 09:03 AM

Re: What would you recommend?
 
I have a Laredo X with the panoramic sunroof and I have to say, I love it. I've had sunroofs in most of my cars and in all honesty, rarely use them. But this one is awesome...very quiet, lets in a lot of light...I'm glad I got it.

topsailstar 10-15-2010 09:17 AM

Re: What would you recommend?
 
I like the clean install of the factory DVD. I am really impressed with it so far.

mrfixxit7 10-15-2010 09:31 AM

Re: What would you recommend?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by topsailstar (Post 285269)
I like the clean install of the factory DVD. I am really impressed with it so far.

How do you load the dvd in the factory dvd system? is it loaded in the unit that is mounted overhead or do you install the dvd from a different place?

Red G8R 10-15-2010 10:06 AM

Re: What would you recommend?
 
I really love the larger sunroof. I also prefer looking at a DVD system straight ahead on the back of the headrest rather than up at the ceiling. If you have two children, separate monitors might also be an advantage.
However, the advantage of having a factory installed system is generally greater. Similarly, like having a factory navigation is far better intergrated than portables.
Hard decision.

mrfixxit7 10-15-2010 10:20 AM

Re: What would you recommend?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Red G8R (Post 285292)
I really love the larger sunroof. I also prefer looking at a DVD system straight ahead on the back of the headrest rather than up at the ceiling. If you have two children, separate monitors might also be an advantage.
However, the advantage of having a factory installed system is generally greater. Similarly, like having a factory navigation is far better integrated than portables.
Hard decision.

I agree I think i would like the larger sunroof but I do need some sort of dvd/entertainment system for the back seat. It looks like the back of the headrests are plastic anyways so putting individual monitors on the back of the headrests might look very nice. I am not sure how the factory entertainment system is integrated into the stereo/gps system.

bh22jeep 10-15-2010 10:24 AM

Re: What would you recommend?
 
go for the bigger sunroof, it is great and get better screens for the back of the seats.

mrfixxit7 10-15-2010 11:01 AM

Re: What would you recommend?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bh22jeep (Post 285299)
go for the bigger sunroof, it is great and get better screens for the back of the seats.



I agree, but I would like to have both the bigger sunroof and a entertainment system in the back. I think putting the displays in the back of the head rests would be the ideal way to go, but I am not sure if I can due that had have it work with the 430N or 730N radios and the flow tv ect.

Blackwolf 10-15-2010 11:15 AM

Re: What would you recommend?
 
I have the pano sunroof and love it, as does everyone who rides in my Jeep. A year ago I would have said my next vehicle would have a entertainment system no matter what, but things change. My wife and I each have an iPad so it was really not a big deal. Each of my kids gets a bigger screen and the bonus of a lot more to do than just watch a movie. They each have their own choice of movies loaded, games, internet, netflix streaming and when we get to where we're going they can take the ipads in with them, great on vacation for all of us.

Now you may not have an ipad but you could certainly buy one or what ever other kind of handheld device you want with the money you would have spent on the DVD system.

This worked out great for us on vacation earlier this year that included a 10 hour drive each way. For me I would do the same thing over again, I love my huge sunroof and you can get much more versatile entertainment solutions than just the build in DVD, even with the sirius tv.

dubwarren 10-15-2010 11:30 AM

Re: What would you recommend?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfixxit7 (Post 285283)
How do you load the dvd in the factory dvd system? is it loaded in the unit that is mounted overhead or do you install the dvd from a different place?


DVD loads into the dash unit.

dubwarren 10-15-2010 11:31 AM

Re: What would you recommend?
 
Go pano, i got the rear DVD and unless you have kids, you, like I, will regret it. those pano's are sweet.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community