Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Color matched paint (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/color-matched-paint-1405.html)

Relwarc 07-14-2009 12:12 PM

Color matched paint

Where might i get paint that matches the chrysler codes? I can use it in a spray can, or in a small amount that i can use my airbrush on.

I have a little project, something I plan to present to the JG community when I'm done :thumbsup:

White WK Swagga 07-14-2009 12:40 PM

Re: Color matched paint

Hmmm. I can't wait to see the finished product... Good luck.

robpp 07-14-2009 12:42 PM

automotivetouchup.com

i have bought numerous times from them, the color matches perfectly. they recently increased cost but it's still not too bad. I bought their clear and primer too.

Relwarc 07-14-2009 12:55 PM

got it, 2OZ is really small... i may have to re-learn how to use my airbrush... especially at $15 per bottle..

ok guys... start listing paint codes. I'm going to buy the most popular 2 colors... and my black of course... tee hee

give me:

color, year, code

i just got **something** off E-bay, and will be testing next week

DCSpecial 07-14-2009 12:57 PM

Some auto paint supply places or body shops may be able to help you out as well.

I know my buddy has the machine or whatever it is to put paint in spray cans.

For air brush work you'd just buy a small quantity....depending on what their minimum is.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

PS2 is the code for Bright Silver Metallic :D

robpp 07-14-2009 01:05 PM

im not sure where you are heading, but when i want something painted the body color, Daniel does it with OEM quality paint in a paint booth with clear. his computer paint system matches any paint code.

you are never matching his quality with an airbrush in your garage. and to be honest, as many can atest to, his prices are DIRT cheap!

Relwarc 07-14-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 33170)
im not sure where you are heading, but when i want something painted the body color, Daniel does it with OEM quality paint in a paint booth with clear. his computer paint system matches any paint code.

you are never matching his quality with an airbrush in your garage. and to be honest, as many can atest to, his prices are DIRT cheap!

i'm not doing big parts, i wouldnt try to take business from him. Just little specialty stuff.:thumbsup:

B.P.O.D 07-14-2009 01:55 PM

cool look forward to seeing what your secret is!

robpp 07-14-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relwarc (Post 33179)
i'm not doing big parts, i wouldnt try to take business from him. Just little specialty stuff.:thumbsup:

I wasn't saying you would do that, sorry if it came across that way.

Relwarc 07-14-2009 02:26 PM

All good bro, i got ya tho. i wouldnt try to do anything that requires a professional spray booth. i'm just into being artistic and comming up with alternatives to the 'popular' mods.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

I'm not sure the silver will show up with this application. What about inferno? Scott!! whats your color code?

B.P.O.D 07-14-2009 03:23 PM

mine is brilliant black!!!

Scottina06 07-14-2009 04:47 PM

PRJ is inferno red crystal pearl