Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   QL- Automatic Lowering (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/ql-automatic-lowering-14059.html)

Devilsmed98 10-17-2010 04:33 PM

QL- Automatic Lowering

Has anyone heard of a way, or maybe a possible evic setting, that automatically lowers the vehicle to "Park" height when in Park, or turned off? I couldn't find anything in the manual about this, but it would be a nice feature.

I ask because my mother find it quite difficult to "climb" into her Jeep in certain outfits. She comes from a BMW 750li so I can see why she says this. I just told her that I'll take her Overland and she can try driving my YJ for a while to appreciate it. :D

Red G8R 10-17-2010 06:19 PM

Re: QL- Automatic Lowering

That would be a great option to have. I'll keep watching this thread.
At least it can be activated just before actually parking, I believe anytime below 40 km/hr.

Technosavant 10-18-2010 11:41 AM

It would be nice, but as per the engineer chat, there's no way to do it. You have to enable park mode before shutting the vehicle off. It takes a few seconds to kneel down anyway- if it automatically dropped when going into Park you'd still need to wait about 15-20 seconds before opening a door (when you open a door, it stops raising/lowering).

Devilsmed98 10-18-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 286579)
It would be nice, but as per the engineer chat, there's no way to do it. You have to enable park mode before shutting the vehicle off. It takes a few seconds to kneel down anyway- if it automatically dropped when going into Park you'd still need to wait about 15-20 seconds before opening a door (when you open a door, it stops raising/lowering).

Aww damn, hopefully in a couple years we see a superchips option of software flash for this. It would be a nice comfort option.

chibianh 10-18-2010 06:09 PM

i think the reason why they don't offer this option is the same reason why they don't allow you to change the ride height with a door open. You might break your door off its hinges if it's lowered and hit a high curb.. in the same sense that you might high center yourself if your car automatically lowers while you're off-roading. :)

jeep2011 10-18-2010 10:06 PM

I am surprised there is not a hold feature with the suspension. Most systems have a button that allows you to lock the height so the system doesn't take over. This is helpful when changing tires so the suspension doesn't keep dropping the wheels. Also this allows to lock the park mode while in parking garages up to 25MPH and not just 5MPH.

Does anyone know if the jeep has the lock mode feature?

Technosavant 10-19-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep2011 (Post 287019)
I am surprised there is not a hold feature with the suspension. Most systems have a button that allows you to lock the height so the system doesn't take over. This is helpful when changing tires so the suspension doesn't keep dropping the wheels. Also this allows to lock the park mode while in parking garages up to 25MPH and not just 5MPH.

Does anyone know if the jeep has the lock mode feature?

Yes. In fact, the manual tells you to deactivate the system if you'll be running the engine with the weight off the suspension- push and hold both QL buttons for a certain length of time (forget how many seconds), and the EVIC will tell you when it's off. It will reactivate at key cycle though.

The park mode doesn't deactivate at 5mph; it's 15mph, which is enough for a parking garage if you need that extra inch and a half clearance (I doubt it will be an issue- this thing isn't THAT tall- if you'll scrape the roof, taller people will be banging their heads as they walk through it).