Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   tinted fogs... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/tinted-fogs-14092.html)

jasonjsl 10-18-2010 10:08 AM

tinted fogs...

I purchased a set of projector smoke halo fogs from xenon depot...im not sure if i like these or not. i have not installed them yet. i was wondering if anyone had any luck finding any regular fogs that come with a tinted lense? I want to make my fogs hid, i dont think i can add my hid kit to these projectors...any suggestions?

TheAngryMinnow 10-18-2010 11:22 AM

Re: tinted fogs...

tinted fogs, like tinted headlights dont make sense to me

White Chocolate 10-18-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAngryMinnow (Post 286568)
tinted fogs, like tinted headlights dont make sense to me

Some people like it, some dont. Its a matter of personal opinion.

robpp 10-18-2010 11:41 AM

mine melted. its all posted here....

SvenskaJeepGuy 10-18-2010 11:48 AM

ebay has them, but alot of people had problems with them

TheAngryMinnow 10-18-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlutcH (Post 286572)
Some people like it, some dont. Its a matter of personal opinion.

haha obviously:)

jasonjsl 10-18-2010 12:36 PM

I going for the murdered out look...i just want a slight tint to them to hide some of the silver relfection...I didnt ask if you liked them or not. Robpp...what were the brand you purchased? Im eyeing a pr of k2s...im going to insatll hid lights...shouldnt that keep them cooler? another option im looking at is to buy a set of oem and have then tinted by daniel.

Scottina06 10-18-2010 12:38 PM

I have the tinted fogs without halos and theres a few pthers as well. I have a 4300K Xenondepot HID kit in ine and they are perfect. Much better than the stockers which would start cracking after 6 months. IMO robpp's melted becasue he cut the lense apart and installed halos in them...but I guess the sun couldve melted them..even though no other member has head them melt in the sun.

jasonjsl 10-18-2010 01:00 PM

Makes perfect sense...thanks for the info. ill be ordering a set today!

pmpn8ez 10-20-2010 09:10 AM

so

whats the verdict??????????????/

which fogs are the best to get that wont crack/chip like the stock ones...........and wont melt like robpp's??????????????????????

robpp 10-21-2010 03:48 PM

ALL will be suseptible to the cracking chipping. avs does sell clear covers for the LX ones.......

and mine may have melted from the halos but I persnally highly doubt it.

GR33N D3M0N 10-21-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonjsl (Post 286598)
I going for the murdered out look...i just want a slight tint to them to hide some of the silver relfection...I didnt ask if you liked them or not. Robpp...what were the brand you purchased? Im eyeing a pr of k2s...im going to insatll hid lights...shouldnt that keep them cooler? another option im looking at is to buy a set of oem and have then tinted by daniel.

i had a set of the k2 projectors, im pretty sure u cant put HIDs in them, because they have a really weird bulb thats only accessable by taking apart the whole thing, mine worked for ~3 months, but then they crapped out...