Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   New guy with questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/new-guy-with-questions-14155.html)

Nbtstatic 10-19-2010 05:13 PM

New guy with questions

Hi all, I've learned a lot here, great forum for the new JGC. I have a couple of questions for you all.

I'm searching for a V6 4x4 Overland without any other options. When I first started looking, I was thinking a V6 4x4 Limited + 20" wheels is what I wanted, until I figured out how the small the difference is between that and a base Overland. It's less than a grand, and you're adding the nicer interior, air suspension, power liftgate, vented seats, etc...

The problem is, it seems every dealer has ordered their Overlands with V8's, and I'm having a terrible time finding one. Has it been everyone's experience here that V6 Overlands are ridiculously hard to find?

I'm in Texas and there isn't one in the state, there are a couple in Tenessee and Michigan, but we're talking serious freight charges.

I'm getting to the point now where I guess maybe I should just order one. It sounds like the wait from this point would be what, until around February, is that right?

Thanks so much for your help.

moosehead 10-19-2010 05:18 PM

Re: New guy with questions

Don't give up just yet. I ended up buying stock in California near invoice, dealer is shipping it to Colorado for $500 with a little tuner visit in between.

There were a few V6 Olands in Colorado a few weeks ago, most dealers have decent website inventories. It's worth the effort to scrounge around.

Nbtstatic 10-19-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 287421)
Don't give up just yet. I ended up buying stock in California near invoice, dealer is shipping it to Colorado for $500 with a little tuner visit in between.

There were a few V6 Olands in Colorado a few weeks ago, most dealers have decent website inventories. It's worth the effort to scrounge around.

Thanks, thats good to hear. I wouldn't mind paying 500 to ship one here at all, but what I've heard so far was more than double that for a distance shorter than yours, which I can't justify.

I'll keep searching around.

jeep2011 10-19-2010 10:01 PM

United Road is one of the cheapest prices I have seen. I have used them 5 times. I was looking at some in CA since they were going for $6,000 off MSRP. Shipping United Road was only $650 from CA to NC.

All the overlands in NC are V6's can't find may V8's here.

suvowner 10-19-2010 10:03 PM

but the hemi is sooooo nice.......

Mogul 10-20-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 287421)

"Tuner visit" ? Tell us more!

moosehead 10-20-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogul (Post 287809)
"Tuner visit" ? Tell us more!

Figured since the rig is originating from the West Coast, may as well visit Borla for a little spa treatment.

Cali Exhaust Tune + Detroit Muscle = Sweetness. Coming soon to a dealer near you.

Technosavant 10-20-2010 10:53 AM

Overlands in general around here are rarer than hen's teeth. They just don't exist in dealer stock- when they arrive, they're gone in hours. Just about every one showing in inventory is a special order. This could change in the near future (when none are in stock, you may as well order, and production has been giving priority to sold orders over dealer stock).

What few Overlands have been around in this area have been a mix of V6 and V8. I ordered a V6, then it took forever, and I ended up making a 150 mile road trip to buy a different one (also V6). The one I ordered shows as having arrived at the dealer now, and I'd be fairly surprised if it's still there when Monday comes around.

Nbtstatic 10-20-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 287835)
Overlands in general around here are rarer than hen's teeth. They just don't exist in dealer stock- when they arrive, they're gone in hours. Just about every one showing in inventory is a special order. This could change in the near future (when none are in stock, you may as well order, and production has been giving priority to sold orders over dealer stock).

What few Overlands have been around in this area have been a mix of V6 and V8. I ordered a V6, then it took forever, and I ended up making a 150 mile road trip to buy a different one (also V6). The one I ordered shows as having arrived at the dealer now, and I'd be fairly surprised if it's still there when Monday comes around.

I can't get the vin to pull up the window sticker for the details. Interior color? Base on the price it looks like the only options are maybe the paint and the 730n, is this right?

Thanks!

Technosavant 10-20-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nbtstatic (Post 287839)
I can't get the vin to pull up the window sticker for the details. Interior color? Base on the price it looks like the only options are maybe the paint and the 730n, is this right?

Thanks!

It's Blackberry Pearl paint, light/dark frost interior, and the 430N nav. Last 8 of VIN are BC531149. The only extra cost options are the paint and the towing package (by the time it was built, the towing was standard on the Overland). I'm not sure why the sticker isn't coming up; I've seen a couple others where it wasn't generating a sticker too, so it could just be some kind of glitch. It was built Aug. 26, but didn't ship until the tail end of Sept.

Red G8R 10-20-2010 01:19 PM

It always seems that way.....what you want is not what they have.
When I was looking, I wanted a V8 Overland and couldn't find one....all were V6s.
Then one just showed up when checking dealer inventory with all the options I wanted (and was available) so it was bought the next day.

Nbtstatic 10-20-2010 08:45 PM

I found one in Missouri, they are trucking it down. Will post pics when I pick it up. :D