Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Headrest (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/headrest-14198.html)

Steve52 10-20-2010 06:05 PM

Headrest

Soon after getting my new Overland I noticed that the drivers side headrest was higher than the passenger side headrest so thinking that someone at the dealer or factory just set it higher that the other one, I lowered the drivers side all the way down. I just noticed today that the drivers side is back up again, and I haven't touched the adjustment on it. Has anyone noticed this happening on theirs?

Red G8R 10-20-2010 07:53 PM

Re: Headrest

No idea....try it again, but that does sound strange.
I do know that with some cars equipted with power adjustable headrests, eg. Mercedes, the headrests automaically go to maximum height if not put in memory.

Technosavant 10-20-2010 08:13 PM

Is the seat itself at the same height?

Steve52 10-20-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 288173)
Is the seat itself at the same height?

The seat has been adjusted, but I am not sure the height was changed. I am going to keep a closer watch on it to see if I can figure out what happened. I just posted wondering if anyone else had had a similar issue with the headrest height.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 10-20-2010 11:50 PM

can be a glitch in the memory seats?

White Chocolate 10-21-2010 12:29 AM

When the headrest is up, does it suit your needs? Or is it in the improper position.

Steve52 10-21-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlutcH (Post 288289)
When the headrest is up, does it suit your needs? Or is it in the improper position.

Actually it seems to fit ok either way. It just looks odd with one higher than the other. I have them both set all the way down now, maybe it won't happen again. If it does I will report.

White Chocolate 10-21-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve52 (Post 288353)
Actually it seems to fit ok either way. It just looks odd with one higher than the other. I have them both set all the way down now, maybe it won't happen again. If it does I will report.

Hmm I know in my 05 WK, the stupid memory seat always changes on me, I thought it was a glitch, it was just a case of me not knowing what I was doing LOL.

Steve52 10-21-2010 10:14 AM

If these headrests were powered I would think maybe there was a glitch, but since they are not I think maybe just getting in and out of the seats over time is causing the headrest to work its way up. Just a theory at this point however.

Jim Hef 10-21-2010 01:33 PM

Maybe this has something to do with the head restraint thing they added this year???

parry69 10-21-2010 02:05 PM

i bet someone is just messing with you, lol

dubwarren 10-21-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parry69 (Post 288501)
i bet someone is just messing with you, lol

Are you saying that when you park the jeep at night you put the headrest in one position and when get in he jeep then next day the headrest in a position other than what you left it in?

If thats what you're saying then i agree with parry, someones messing you homie. put a webcam in the jeep, link it to your cell phone. the cam would activate once it detected movement and would start recording and sending the results to your cell. its easy if you have an iphone. good luck!!