Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Overland Mesh Grille (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/overland-mesh-grille-14213.html)

jeep2011 10-21-2010 06:59 AM

Overland Mesh Grille

Does anyone know the part number for the mesh grille on the overlands?

You would think they would at least try to match the grilles on the laredo's and limiteds versus having two different inserts for the upper and lower grilles.

whisper 12-09-2010 08:52 PM

Re: Overland Mesh Grille

Jeep has decided not to offer the chrome mesh insert grille. It did not pass their QC. They suggest waiting for the Summit and order the mesh thru parts once the vehicle is in production.

RMac 12-09-2010 09:26 PM

I don't think he's looking for the Mopar chrome mesh grille... he's looking for the chrome grill with black mesh inserts that's standard on Overlands now.

And I agree... having no mesh in the grille, but mesh in the lower fascia on Limited looks... odd.

DavidB 12-18-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whisper (Post 314903)
Jeep has decided not to offer the chrome mesh insert grille. It did not pass their QC. They suggest waiting for the Summit and order the mesh thru parts once the vehicle is in production.

Really, that bites. I would have thought my dealer parts manager would have let me know of this since he said he would watch for these to become available and since they already took my money when I closed on the GC back in October Grrr

Garbism 01-11-2011 09:27 PM

Any chance the chrome grille on the Summit is available yet?

wsw523 01-11-2011 11:53 PM

i reeeeeeeally want this chrome mesh grill but i don't really care about the saddle dash or machined wheels... therefore the summit premium price just to get the chrome grill seems a little excessive (not sure resale will be that big of a difference???).

any news on when this grill is available through the parts dept or through mopar would be appreciated.

Jpjr 01-12-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbism (Post 332815)
Any chance the chrome grille on the Summit is available yet?

I have been making a likely bad bet the last month or so that the "Premium Chrome Group" that is supposed to become available on 1/17 will include the Summit chrome mesh grille. I'll be ordering my Overland as soon as I know for sure in a week or so...

TTUMBIO2010 01-12-2011 10:56 AM

Anyone got a photo of the Summit grille to add to this thread? Thanks!

Scorelow 01-12-2011 12:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go!

TTUMBIO2010 01-12-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorelow (Post 333058)
Here ya go!

Thank ya! Looks sharp!

Dunecrawler 01-13-2011 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsw523 (Post 332876)
i reeeeeeeally want this chrome mesh grill but i don't really care about the saddle dash or machined wheels... therefore the summit premium price just to get the chrome grill seems a little excessive (not sure resale will be that big of a difference???).

any news on when this grill is available through the parts dept or through mopar would be appreciated.

Just picked up my WK2 from Dealer service. They had the new chrome mesh grill on display. Cost = $454
This is in Dubai! Cost here AED 1654 - The part number should also be visible on the photo. Sorry about the quality, just quick mobile pic.

jeep2011 01-13-2011 01:50 PM

Part number doesn't come up on Mopar. If you are back at the dealer, can you ask them for the full part number?