Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Overland Questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/overland-questions-14264.html)

RedBolt 10-22-2010 11:50 AM

Overland Questions

Fell in love with the Overland in June but really wanted the safety features such as the adaptive cruise control and blind spot detection. Got a call from the dealer on Sep 16 who told me the safety features were now available to order and so I ordered my Overland on Sep 18. I also wanted the 730 Nav but the dealer said only the 430 Nav was available for the Overland at that point.

From reading the posts, it appears I'll probably get the adaptive cruise control and collision avoidance but the rest of the safety features were NOT part of that package I ordered on Sep 18 - correct? Also, was he correct that I could not order the 730 nav - even as an option? The most important thing to me is the real time traffic feature of the 730, which I don't think the 430 has. Does anyone know if there is any way I could get real time traffic on the 430?

Finally...this is a great website and I would love to support it. However, I do not use Pay Pal and apparently this site is not set up to take credit cards. I've looked around for an address to send a check but cannot find one. Could you post an address so that I and others like me can support the site without having to open a Pay Pal account.

Thanks again and great work!

Overland 4x4 Hemi
Blackberry Pearl
Off Road Adventure II
Adaptive Cruise Control
Ordered Sep 18, 2010

bpmcgee 10-22-2010 11:52 AM

Re: Overland Questions

I can answer part of that -- the 430N does NOT have real-time traffic updates. It has "travel link" which is videos, other junk.

B

IndyBob 10-22-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBolt (Post 288949)
Fell in love with the Overland in June but really wanted the safety features such as the adaptive cruise control and blind spot detection. Got a call from the dealer on Sep 16 who told me the safety features were now available to order and so I ordered my Overland on Sep 18. I also wanted the 730 Nav but the dealer said only the 430 Nav was available for the Overland at that point.

From reading the posts, it appears I'll probably get the adaptive cruise control and collision avoidance but the rest of the safety features were NOT part of that package I ordered on Sep 18 - correct? Also, was he correct that I could not order the 730 nav - even as an option? The most important thing to me is the real time traffic feature of the 730, which I don't think the 430 has. Does anyone know if there is any way I could get real time traffic on the 430?

Finally...this is a great website and I would love to support it. However, I do not use Pay Pal and apparently this site is not set up to take credit cards. I've looked around for an address to send a check but cannot find one. Could you post an address so that I and others like me can support the site without having to open a Pay Pal account.

Thanks again and great work!

Overland 4x4 Hemi
Blackberry Pearl
Off Road Adventure II
Adaptive Cruise Control
Ordered Sep 18, 2010

I ordered on Oct 5 and ordered the ADG Advanced Waring/Adaptive Cruise and it was my understanding that includes front and rear collision and side blind spot warning. The package listed for $1295. From what I have been reading I may not be seeing my Overland until February.

RedBolt 10-22-2010 03:20 PM

That's great news...hope you are right! That is what I was told and I also paid $1295.

jeep2011 10-22-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpmcgee (Post 288950)
I can answer part of that -- the 430N does NOT have real-time traffic updates. It has "travel link" which is videos, other junk.

B

If travel link is activated it should show realtime traffic reports on screen.....as well as realtime weather, gas prices, sports info, and movie info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Mz63bed14

BEERnALE 10-22-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBolt (Post 288949)

You can use your credit card without any issues whatsoever! :)

http://www.jeepgarage.org/payments.php

Just go to the link and select your level... and choose "order", then click on "Order Using PayPal"... and you'll have the option to use a credit card.

Immediately after submitting I was upgraded on the JeepGarage.org site!

I'm sure they will appreciate your support! :arms:

~Jim

drsnacks 10-22-2010 05:28 PM

New Member, Excited, just ordered My Overland fully stocked, little upset could not get the 730N package though, Can not wait

jonesark 10-22-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drsnacks (Post 289128)
New Member, Excited, just ordered My Overland fully stocked, little upset could not get the 730N package though, Can not wait

welcome

justin1569 10-22-2010 05:56 PM

is the tech package worth that amount of money?

The stock rear park assist with video camera should suffice for several dollars less.

One cannot become dependent on blind spot warning alarms and so on...because if one does...he or she will be sorry.

I opted out of the tech package with my order because I want my truck sooner rather then later.

jonesark 10-22-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin1569 (Post 289149)
is the tech package worth that amount of money?

The stock rear park assist with video camera should suffice for several dollars less.

One cannot become dependent on blind spot warning alarms and so on...because if one does...he or she will be sorry.

I opted out of the tech package with my order because I want my truck sooner rather then later.

It was for me.....to each his own.

drsnacks 10-22-2010 06:07 PM

thanks. Does anyone know Avg wait time for a new build??

Flo TV
Ordered 10/18/2010

RMac 10-22-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drsnacks (Post 289156)
thanks. Does anyone know Avg wait time for a new build??

Prepare for an estimated 8 weeks.