Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   got my jeep slush mats! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/got-my-jeep-slush-mats-14280.html)

chibianh 10-22-2010 05:46 PM

got my jeep slush mats!

3 Attachment(s)
Got a call from the dealer today saying my slush mats were in. I went to pick them up and put them here.. here are a few pics. sorry about the bad lighting. Both front mats say "Grand Cherokee" on it and the rears say JEEP on the center hump.

They fit like a glove. The rear mat is one long piece and even covers the center hump. Qualitywise, they feel pretty good and durable. I'll be putting them to use this weekend as I'll be in some snow and mud.

JoeSchmoe007 10-22-2010 05:49 PM

Re: got my jeep slush mats!

My hump! My hump! My lovely center hump!

jonesark 10-22-2010 05:52 PM

I like those....are the plastic or rubber? Also, did you put them over the carpet floor mats or remove them first? Thanks...

JoeSchmoe007 10-22-2010 06:13 PM

I think I like Husky WeatherBeaters better - they have a lip (I don't have them - only saw pictures ).

chibianh 10-22-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesark (Post 289145)
I like those....are the plastic or rubber? Also, did you put them over the carpet floor mats or remove them first? Thanks...

they are rubber. i removed the carpet mats before putting these on, otherwise they won't hook correctly. so now I have a slightly used set of jeep carpetted floor mats.. anyone wanna buy? ;)

moosehead 10-22-2010 09:23 PM

These look nice. Just enough to keep wet off the carpet without looking like a bathtub. The pattern looks good too. Those would stay in my rig year round.

Djeazie 10-22-2010 09:26 PM

Do they have a lip around the outside to keep water on the mat? If so, how tall is the lip?

azcats2 10-22-2010 11:20 PM

looking good billy ray. how much?

chibianh 10-22-2010 11:45 PM

yes, there's a small lip around the bottom parts of the mats. The angled part of the mats on the driver and passenger, as well as the raised part in the rear, do not have a lip. I'm guessing since they are angled, all the liquids will flow down into the area with the lip. These mats were negotiated in at time of purchase. Not sure how much they msrp for, though.

I'll try to get some better pics tomorrow.

Jim Hef 10-23-2010 09:47 AM

Joe, I personally prefer the Jeep mats to the Husky ones due to the lack of a pronounced lip. That lip gets wavy over time, and looks unsightly. Yes, they will hold more water, but I've never experienced enough melted snow to run off the slush mats.

AIR_RAM 10-23-2010 10:30 AM

They look real nice...

NICK

chibianh 10-23-2010 06:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
got them dirty today.. here's a pic.