Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Is Black the only way to go? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/is-black-the-only-way-to-go-14281.html)

justin1569 10-22-2010 05:53 PM

Is Black the only way to go?

I ordered a black overland ETA Mid December but I've since noticed that all orders coming in are Black whether it be a Laredo, Laredo X, Limited, or Overland. I feel that this color is the sharpest but at the same time I don't want to see 10 of them on my way to work in the morning. The uniqueness factor will drop significantly...of course mine will be an overland whereas 85% will be Laredo's. But still...

I liked driving around in my 06 overland and seeing another GC in the distance...I'd be like "I bet it ain't no overland" and sure enough, it wasn't...he cheaped out and got the Limited...or Laredo...don't deny...you all know what I mean! ;)

It's nice having the top of the line model...but with Overland's coming in cheaper then a fully packaged Limited...it seems like the next step will be for everyone to own a Black Overland. I find the previous generation Jeeps to be more rare on the streets then what we will soon see on the streets with the 2011 models and beyond...because realistically a redesign will not occur until at least 2016.

What's your take?

Black is the way to go obviously in my opinion if you are not a ocd dust maniac but I wish there were other good color choices...like an improved crystal mineral grey pearlcoat or something...or even that off green/silver color that some range rovers have.

jonesark 10-22-2010 06:02 PM

Re: Is Black the only way to go?

I love black, but after having it as my last 2 color choices I just don't want to deal with it NEVER being clean. I went with stone white this time....I just don't think you can pick a wrong color in the 2011 JGC!!

Joe in PA 10-22-2010 06:06 PM

Want to know what I think? I think it is a shame that the Jeep legend has been so gentrified that owners are now worried about being unique based on how much they spent or the color of their paint. Use to be real Jeeps were built not purchased and what separated a true Jeeper from a poser happened after the original purchase. Guess those days are long gone.

So buy what you want in the color that makes you happy and if you see too many similar Jeeps on your daily drive, trade it in for the latest, greatest, rarest color vehicle du jour. :D

RMac 10-22-2010 06:06 PM

It's all about the Dark Charcoal!

TheAngryMinnow 10-23-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Want to know what I think? I think it is a shame that the Jeep legend has been so gentrified that owners are now worried about being unique based on how much they spent or the color of their paint. Use to be real Jeeps were built not purchased and what separated a true Jeeper from a poser happened after the original purchase. Guess those days are long gone.
well said. more than thinking youve got the next best model, i think its more a testament to your vehicle if you've spent the time making upgrades to it, detailing it yourself, and making it your own.

Who cares if you've got a stock overland? two tone seats dont float my boat like a CAI and catback on a limited would.

Knightrider03m 10-23-2010 02:03 AM

Black is the only way to go.... :flamesuit: :D

bpmcgee 10-23-2010 06:36 AM

Green ones are the fastest. I'm just saying, is all!

B

Jim Hef 10-23-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin1569 (Post 289146)
...of course mine will be an overland whereas 85% will be Laredo's....

Limited vs Overland...name the differences on the exterior! Except for the silly oval badge on the rear, they are the same. Even the Laredos are difficult to spot unless you look for the mirror caps. Why is it that so many are asking unknown persons to choose a color for them??? :confused:

bozer 10-23-2010 10:32 AM

Blackberry with saddle brown interior will give instant hard ons to all

sanitarium16 10-23-2010 10:38 AM

The new jeep looks awesome in black. My last 3 cars were black. Awesome color when its clean but I've had enough. No matter how clean you keep it it will show everything. Silver is my color now and I don't have to worry about what I can't see, so much less stressful

KarlG 10-23-2010 04:08 PM

Yes. Black is the only way to go.

JoeSchmoe007 10-23-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe in PA (Post 289154)

So buy what you want in the color that makes you happy and if you see too many similar Jeeps on your daily drive, trade it in for the latest, greatest, rarest color vehicle du jour. :D

I am with Joe In PA. Wooden steering wheel clearly gives Overland owners a woody...