Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Refused delivery of Overland -opinions wanted

6K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  bebe 
#1 ·
I had a funny feeling I was not going to like the color combo we ordered our Overland in. (8-28 order)

Silver exterior with the Frost/Dk Frost interior.

Here's the story. Husband does not like black ext. - too hot in the south and hard to maintain. He also does not like a black interior. So we compromised and thought the Silver ext. was a good choice. But the interior was so limited, we went with the Frost. At first I wanted the black ext. but got talked out of that, thought ok, because the brochure interior pictures looked like a color that would work with the silver ext.. Wrong.

Jeep's brochures do not give a good representation of the colors. Their pictures lead one to think (at least us) that the frost is a light taupe and a dark taupe. It is not. Frost is a TAN and Dark Frost is a dark BROWN. In our eyes that interior does not look good with the silver. It clashes. A dark brown dash and other interior points looks wrong with the silver. I could not see spending 42,000 for an Overland and just getting used to it. So now we have to decide what to reorder and it's going to be hard. If we order next week, I bet we won't see the new Overland until mid January Feb.

There's an Overland V-8 Hemi 4x4 in Houston if anyone is curious!!
The dealer is super nice and we are out nothing.

So tell me your color combos!! I think Jeep needs a woman's input. There needs to be better interior colors and combos.

See less See more
#4 ·
For me, silver/beige is a common combination in other makes and I like it. That combination may look better in the Limited since it's beige seats/black dash/carpet instead of beige/brown.
But color is very personal and you first have to please yourself.

#10 ·
Milous, thanks so much. We typically keep our cars for a long time. My Navigator is almost 11 yrs old. I don't want to get into it and not like the interior - which I know would happen every time I looked at the brown (which was supposed to be taupe) with the silver.

Milous - hopefully we can make up our minds and reorder soon.

#20 ·
Looks great !! But ok now I have a question.. On an Overland with a black interior, what color is the headliner? Ostroveni's Limited black interior looks like his headliner is gray. If that is the same on an Overland, then that helps reduce the total blackout interior in an O'land.
hmmm?????

#26 ·
The pictures in my brochure and on-line all appear tan and brown. I don't understand the confusion about the color. None of the literature I have appears anything like grey or charcoal, not even close to that. If anything some of the pics make it appear close to an off white.

#31 ·
We know we made the right decision. There is no way either of us could live with that combination. Our "reject" sold a few hours after we left the dealership. We returned this morning and ordered Silver/Black. One thing I have discovered is the headliner in the Overland is the greyish color if you order the black interior. That helped the inside from being a total blackout. Our salesman thought all Overlands had the greyish headliner, no matter the interior color. We got busy with our new order and I didn't think to check their inventory interiors to see if that was indeed the case. Wondering if anyone can answer that.

#33 ·
I don't blame you. It's an investment you'll prob look at and/or drive everyday. Make sure it's what you like!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.