Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   It's finally here but I don't have it yet! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/its-finally-here-but-i-dont-have-it-yet-14370.html)

DannyG 10-25-2010 08:28 AM

It's finally here but I don't have it yet!

So my Overland had an estimated delivery date of 10/22 (last Friday). I was going to be out of town for the weekend, starting Friday evening so I emailed my dealer to confirm everything was in order. I was "casually" checking the updates from Milous all weekend hoping for some news, but nothing. The dealer emailed me back on Saturday, but no news that it was delivered.

Yesterday, when I got home, I checked the update again and saw that it had been delivered on Friday night. I wasn't sure why the dealer, who had emailed me on Saturday, didn't mention it. Since it is only 15 minutes away, I decided to drive over last night and find it.

Sure enough, it's there, in a lot of damaged vehicles waiting to be repaired. There is a dent and scratch on the hood and big scratch on the rear quarter panel. They aren't too major, but I'm just disappointed. I can only assume this happens more than I think.

I just emailed the dealer again and I have no idea what they are going to tell me. Has anyone been in this situation? Do they just fix it up and move on? Is there anything in particular I should check before accepting it (other than the obvious)?

Thanks for any help...

jeepster23 10-25-2010 08:34 AM

Re: It's finally here but I don't have it yet!

I wouldve taken pictures at that point so you had proof and tried to negotiate money off or outright decline it if it bothers you that much. Even if fixed you will know they were once dinged up and that is enough to bother me for sure on a 45,ooo dollar investment.

DieselvRR 10-25-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster23 (Post 290323)
I wouldve taken pictures at that point so you had proof and tried to negotiate money off or outright decline it if it bothers you that much. Even if fixed you will know they were once dinged up and that is enough to bother me for sure on a 45,ooo dollar investment.

I agree with everything you said...except the "investment" part. :)

parker 10-25-2010 09:05 AM

Dealers are not supposed to repair a vehicle and sell it to you as new without disclosure. Damage must be disclosed to the customer.

I saw an expose on one of the news shows a couple of years ago about this. I believe there are some type of criminal charges if they do this without disclosure. Especially on a pre-sold special order.

Definately drive the price down on the unit. It has been damaged and paint work is required, therefore the value is deminished. If the dealer will not come off the price then have them order another or walk away. Chrysler will re-imburse them for the damage repair and also the selling price adjustment. They will back charge the transporting rail or truck line for the damage and lost value. Insurance companies are now re-imbursing for lost value. I was rear ended in the spring, and besides the repair check the insurance company also sent a check which stated on it that it was for lost value.

The dealer may be trying to pull a fast one by telling you it hasn't arrived. They are hoping to repair it and then tell you, hey it just got here. I would definetly go there and get it straight today, before they have time to hide it or get started on repairs.

Scottina06 10-25-2010 09:42 AM

This happens a lot on vehicles shipped from overseas. I don't think they have to disclose unless it a certain amount of damage. This was according to some of the lexus guys. But....new vehicles get minor repairs done
More often than you think.....
Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk