Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Kicker Subs (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/kicker-subs-14399.html)

tman1423 10-25-2010 10:39 PM

Kicker Subs

Anybody have the dual 10 inch Kicker Subs for the trunk? How are they? How do they compare to other 10 inch subs like Alpine? I'm asking because right now I have 2 10 inch type R Alpines in a custom sealed box with 2 1.600 PDX amps but the blew out so I'm looking to get new subs. I can't decide if I should get the dual 10 Kickers that are made to fit and keep the security cover or take out the security cover and make a custom ported box and get some two 12s. I have 5% tinted windows so keeping the subs hidden from people looking to steal them isn't a problem.

White Chocolate 10-26-2010 12:05 AM

Re: Kicker Subs

15 inch alpine type R in a custom box for the win lol

Chaoul1 10-26-2010 08:15 AM

Kicker FTW! Look on Craigslist.

jeepster23 10-26-2010 09:05 AM

All main line name brand subs suck. Do yourself a favor and for the same money get a pair of RE Audio SeX 12s or 10s they are worlds better in sound quality than any Kicker,JL,Fosgate,Alpine,MTX,Ecliipse,Pioneer,Sony ,or any other mainstream brand in its class. Trust me

White Chocolate 10-26-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster23 (Post 290896)
All main line name brand subs suck. Do yourself a favor and for the same money get a pair of RE Audio SeX 12s or 10s they are worlds better in sound quality than any Kicker,JL,Fosgate,Alpine,MTX,Ecliipse,Pioneer,Sony ,or any other mainstream brand in its class. Trust me

LOL....wow thats a terrible judgement. Im not saying RE Audio is good or bad, but saying EVERY "brand name" sub is terrible......

If that was the case, Chrysler wouldnt be putting Kicker into their vehicles.

Please back up your statement, I'd love to see some proof.

jeepster23 10-26-2010 10:18 AM

LOL because Chrysler really cares about quality over the almighty dollar are u kidding me? Anyway just a personal opinion from someone who has either bought or heard almost all of the subs mentioned. I am not knocking you on your Type R or anyone else for that matter I am Just giving my 2 cents. But if it is proof you want then just look up the SQ and efficiency numbers of RE Audio vs the others in its price range. But then again different strokes for different folks and by the way I think your system is a very clean install you Crazy Canadian.:lol:

JRsmoothee 10-26-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster23 (Post 290896)

x2......i had a single re se 12 a couple years ago, but i heard the company and product kinda went to crap after they started manufacturing over seas, good ol' US made is the way to go, also look into DC subs (good sh*t) http://dcsoundlab.com/ im running a single 12" lvl4 ported in my other car and it puts any dual sub setup i have ever had to shame (i've had many many setups)

patches4231 11-01-2010 12:01 AM

if you really want some high quality subs, JL audio is the way to go

Jim Hef 11-08-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Chocolate (Post 290908)
...If that was the case, Chrysler wouldnt be putting Kicker into their vehicles....

That's a stretch...ever have the chance to listen to the Infinity systems of a ZJ, or any labeled audio setup in a vehicle? In the case of the Infinity, the speakers were $2 paper cones, and hardly an upgrade. But, I agree with the statements that ridicule jeepster's comment about "all" name brand stuff! That's just all wrong. With subs, it's as much about the enclosure as it is the driver.