Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Limited - Overland - My Marriage (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/limited-overland-my-marriage-14488.html)

morecowbell 10-28-2010 10:05 AM

Limited - Overland - My Marriage

Hello All...

I am getting out a BMW X5 4.8 Lease and strongly considering the JGC. I am cosnidering either the Limited or the Overland.

In my house...I pick the cars...and the wife picks the colors. In this case however, she told me that she HATES the wooden stearing wheel on the Overland. Fair enough....happy wife/happy life, right?

So...question...

Other than Trim & decor, if I completely Load up a Limited (Hemi, 20 inch wheels, Lux Package 2)...what else would I be missing out on?

Also...if anybody has a dealer they love in the NY Tri-State area, i'd love some recommendations.

moosehead 10-28-2010 10:14 AM

Re: Limited - Overland - My Marriage

Quote:

Originally Posted by morecowbell (Post 292039)
Other than Trim & decor, if I completely Load up a Limited (Hemi, 20 inch wheels, Lux Package 2)...what else would I be missing out on?

Tried to do the same thing when no Oland's existed near us. Recall only missing items on loaded Limited were QDII, leather dash, leather piping trim and logo. QL is also now available on the Limiteds. Check out the WK2Jeeps.com stickey up top for options packages.

The lack of QDII was really the only deal breaker for me, though perhaps you could somehow swing that now, not sure?

+1 to happy wife/life.

bpmcgee 10-28-2010 10:15 AM

MCB,

I think you miss out on Quadra-Lift. I don't see on the Jeep website any way of adding that to a Limited.

B

Nbtstatic 10-28-2010 10:20 AM

For me, the leather didnt compare on the limiteds when I tried to go this route, that will be personal preference though.

morecowbell 10-28-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpmcgee (Post 292047)
MCB,

I think you miss out on Quadra-Lift. I don't see on the Jeep website any way of adding that to a Limited.

B

Quadra-Lift is the "air suspension" right?

bpmcgee 10-28-2010 10:58 AM

Correct.

Technosavant 10-28-2010 11:09 AM

On a Limited with Luxury Package, you lose out on the included nav, the piping and Overland logo on the seats, the wood wheel and real wood (not to mention the leather) on the dash, Quadra-Lift, and the included towing package. Everything but the tweaked seats and dashboard can be put on to a Limited (in theory).

It's also going to be quite a bit more expensive than the Overland. Probably to the tune of a few thousand dollars. That's a lot of hate for the wood wheel. Having one, I must say I'd just as soon not have the wood wheel, but I don't have a colossal hate on for the thing.

Technosavant 10-28-2010 11:10 AM

Or heck, why not just get an Overland and then have the dealer put on a regular steering wheel? It would have to cost less than a few thousand dollars.

morecowbell 10-28-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 292070)
On a Limited with Luxury Package, you lose out on the included nav, the piping and Overland logo on the seats, the wood wheel and real wood (not to mention the leather) on the dash, Quadra-Lift, and the included towing package. Everything but the tweaked seats and dashboard can be put on to a Limited (in theory).

It's also going to be quite a bit more expensive than the Overland. Probably to the tune of a few thousand dollars. That's a lot of hate for the wood wheel. Having one, I must say I'd just as soon not have the wood wheel, but I don't have a colossal hate on for the thing.

Something is not accurate. When I spec both on Jeep.com i get 44,685 for the overland with the hemi.

For the limited, I get 44,080 which inlcudes:

Hemi: 1495
20Inch Wheels: 1095
Lux Group II: 1495

That's cheaper, and includes NAV, so what am missing?

moosehead 10-28-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morecowbell (Post 292075)
Something is not accurate. When I spec both on Jeep.com i get 44,685 for the overland with the hemi.

For the limited, I get 44,080 which inlcudes:

Hemi: 1495
20Inch Wheels: 1095
Lux Group II: 1495

That's cheaper, and includes NAV, so what am missing?

Not sure, but how about the following:

Quadra Lift air suss?

Quadra-Drive II with rear ELSD?

Tow Package?

morecowbell 10-28-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 292078)
Not sure, but how about the following:

Quadra Lift air suss?

Quadra-Drive II with rear ELSD?

Tow Package?

Both List "Quadra Trac II" not "Quadra Drive II"

:::confusing:::

bpmcgee 10-28-2010 11:37 AM

MCB,

Don't forget that on the Overland the NAV is standard. So you're giving up the better interior finishing, and the air suspension for $500 + the cost of a limited steering wheel.

If it were MY money, I'd do as Techno suggests -- get the dealer to swap the steering wheel, and sell the overland wheel to someone with a limited who wants the nice wheel.

B