Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Blind Spot Monitoring/Adaptive Cruise Ctl (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/blind-spot-monitoring-adaptive-cruise-ctl-14551.html)

GAROSS 10-30-2010 11:11 AM

Blind Spot Monitoring/Adaptive Cruise Ctl

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can read details on how these work and what options you have controlling them? Considering ordering when I buy the vehicle.
Thanks

KarlG 10-30-2010 11:17 AM

Re: Blind Spot Monitoring/Adaptive Cruise Ctl

http://www.jeep.com/en/2011/grand_ch...ent_avoidance/

GAROSS 10-30-2010 03:32 PM

Thanks for the link but I am looking for operating manual level stuff. For example, the blind spot monitoring has an audible alarm. I want to know if I can turn that feature off as it could become annoying, etc

yukon 10-30-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAROSS (Post 293188)
Thanks for the link but I am looking for operating manual level stuff. For example, the blind spot monitoring has an audible alarm. I want to know if I can turn that feature off as it could become annoying, etc

Go to http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/ download user manual and read all about the ACC Package :D

Dunecrawler 10-31-2010 12:42 AM

I think you cant select both the ACC and Blind Spot Monitor system as ON or OFF. Hope sp anyway. I have driven a couple of vehicles where these are always on and it can be VERY irritating. "Blind Spot Alert Off When the BSM system is turned off there will be no visual or audible alerts from either the BSM or RCP systems. NOTE: The BSM system will store the current operating mode when the vehicle is shut off. Each time the vehicle is started the previously stored mode will be recalled and used."

GAROSS 10-31-2010 08:28 AM

Thanks to all..I will download the manual and read it. Just what I was looking for.

jonesark 10-31-2010 10:01 AM

I read somewhere that the blind spot can has a visual and audible warning in which the audible can be deactivated it you like.

Harjot 12-19-2010 01:10 PM

Hi Gaross

Did you ever find out if you can turn on and off the acc and the bsm...Im on the fence about them, but If they do increase the overall safety im all for them, to help out my wife.

Just a quick survey question if ppl could help me out.

YES or NO and why on the acc package...Thanks

I really want this JGC, it looks and feels amazing.

GatoLoco 12-19-2010 02:54 PM

Yes! Get the AW/ACC package! :thumbsup:
I was on the fence about it when I ordered, but decided to go for it. The main feature I thought I'd like would be the ACC. And, as others have posted, it exceeds expectations. I set it on the interstate drive home from the dealer, and it kept pace with the traffic ahead of me.
RE: AW - I much like that too! For the blind-spot monitoring, there are the visible indicators in the mirrors, and the option to turn on the audible alert. While the salesman at the dealer was going over the vehicle with me, we noticed the audible setting was set OFF at the factory. I said, lets turn it on and I'll see how it goes on the drive home. I thought I would be annoyed by every car that passed me, left and right. But NO! The audible warning (sounds like a seat-belt chime) only chimes when set on (in the EVIC) AND you signal a lange change. Wow! That works for me. So, while in my lane I see the yellow triangle in my respecitve side mirros, but only a chime if I want to change lanes (and signal so). I think it's a great feature and relieves a lot of the anxiety of changing lanes in traffic. I recommend people, that have it, go into the EVIC and turn it on.
Also - For the ACC, I was concerned I'd have to fuss with the EVIC while driving to set it. But no, there are buttons (like classic CC ones) on the stearing wilt for setting and adjusting the ACC

Harjot 12-19-2010 05:44 PM

Hey thanks GatoLoco, and congrats to you. I think im gonna go with the acc package, now I just gotta get my dealer to get me a black JGC overland with the hemi and beige interior. It seems they dont make to many with that color combo, but i have my heart set on it. Thanks for the advice.

Any point to getting the engine block heater?

wsw523 12-19-2010 06:08 PM

I'm still on the fence about the ACC package as well. I have a radar detector and was curious what band/frequency the ACC/adv warning system operates on and if i would end up with an annoying false radar alert.

I'm going to guess no because I've never noticed it going off around town or on the highway but if anyone has any insight it would be appreciated.

rdalcanto 12-19-2010 06:43 PM

Someone reported that his very fancy, $1,000+ radar detector did not go off with his ACC. I know Infinitis make my Laser detector go crazy, but it sounds like Jeep uses radar at a different frequency than our detectors. I should be able to answer with my Valentine 1 in about a month....