Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   HID Help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/hid-help-14554.html)

wkjeepgirl86 10-30-2010 01:29 PM

HID Help

Ive been reading there thread after thread on this but still have questions. With all the different sites out there what is the best to get the hid kits from? I get that i need the relays. I am planning on doing a 6000k kit but just dont know where to get them. Are the ebay kits cheap? Ive seen sites for up to 200 dollars per kit and i would like to get one for high, low, and fog which i believe are 9005, 9006, 9145. Any help or sugestions would be grately appreciated Thanks!

GR33N D3M0N 10-30-2010 02:00 PM

I got mine from ddmtuning.com...btw there is no point in getting HIDs for the highs...it take too long to warm up to actually work as a quick flash..ddm kits are under 50 iirc...good luck!!

White Chocolate 10-30-2010 02:27 PM

Re: HID Help

Xenondepot is our site vendor they cell some of the best quality kits and yes you only need fogs and lows

cherokee619 10-30-2010 02:38 PM

I got mines from DDM tunning also green d3mon and there pretty good. Actually i've had some already on my Tahoe. I just didn't order the relay harness duh! i thought it would be plug n play but no.. alot of ppl think cause their cheap that they suck but they're good HID"S fellows..

robpp 10-30-2010 03:24 PM

xenon depot :ftmfw:

i prefer to pay a bit more and get a 'guaranteed' product.

plus im supporting a vendor that supports this site; the crapola you mention doesn't help to keep our forum up and running.

White Chocolate 10-30-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 293186)
xenon depot :ftmfw:

i prefer to pay a bit more and get a 'guaranteed' product.

plus im supporting a vendor that supports this site; the crapola you mention doesn't help to keep our forum up and running.

What rob said! Xenondepot for the win

AB Jeepster 10-30-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wkjeepgirl86 (Post 293153)
Ive been reading there thread after thread on this but still have questions. With all the different sites out there what is the best to get the hid kits from? I get that i need the relays. I am planning on doing a 6000k kit but just dont know where to get them. Are the ebay kits cheap? Ive seen sites for up to 200 dollars per kit and i would like to get one for high, low, and fog which i believe are 9005, 9006, 9145. Any help or sugestions would be grately appreciated Thanks!

According to Scottina 06 and many others on here, xenon depot is the best... they a re a vendor on here and steve is not only quite knowlegable, but also straight up and trustworthy IMHO. I would go there ....

DavidESchiller 10-30-2010 05:17 PM

I had highbeams. seeing as I live in bum**** nowhere with deer everywhere, they were pretty nice. they were 6000K 55's and yes, they take a bit to warm up but you can see for years once they do. I hear good things of xenondepot but I bought all of mine from ddmtuning.com. awesome parts, good price and a lifetime warranty. ebay kits are overpriced and prone to failure. I'd stay away from them.

Knightrider03m 10-30-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GR33N D3M0N (Post 293164)
I got mine from ddmtuning.com...btw there is no point in getting HIDs for the highs...it take too long to warm up to actually work as a quick flash..ddm kits are under 50 iirc...good luck!!

That is where I got mine from. I also would go against having hids in the highbeams.

wkjeepgirl86 10-30-2010 08:15 PM

So is what setup is everyone going with in their high beams then? im guessing the fog light bulb is really a h10?

cherokee619 10-30-2010 08:22 PM

to all that gave their opinion it's all good but I stick with my DDM. Do some google on them but hey " Different strokes, for different folks" ha! oh yeah robb get back at me in 3 months see if ur HID"S work ha.

Knightrider03m 10-30-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wkjeepgirl86 (Post 293331)
So is what setup is everyone going with in their high beams then? im guessing the fog light bulb is really a h10?

If I had another bulb for my hi beams then I would keep it stock or put some holgen 3k (yellow) bulbs in it