Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   how do you lift the glass on back cargo door? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/how-do-you-lift-the-glass-on-back-cargo-door-14556.html)

azcats2 10-30-2010 02:13 PM

how do you lift the glass on back cargo door?

i can't see to figure out how to open only the glass of the back cargo door. the guide that comes with the car shows a key fob with two separate buttons...one for the entire door and one for the glass. my key fob only has one button for the gate.

Red G8R 10-30-2010 02:18 PM

Re: how do you lift the glass on back cargo door?

There is a button under the chrome sill on the liftgate just right of center. Once released, use the small lip at the base of the wiper blade to lift the glass. If the flipper glass is not reclosed propperly, the power liftgate will not work.

jonesark 10-30-2010 02:34 PM

It should have a button on the fob though.......right?

SMG1 10-30-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesark (Post 293176)
It should have a button on the fob though.......right?

The glass doesn't pop up when you hit the button on the key fob, it just unlocks.

azcats2 10-30-2010 04:35 PM

Figured it out. Thanks guys. Me not smart

Cherodude 10-30-2010 09:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
There have been different key fobs for the WK2.

One key fob design had a separate button for the rear flipper glass. But another fob design had no rear flipper button. Here are two pics of different types found on the web in late May/early June.

The May pic is a screen capture from a very early dealer video (the video has now been removed from that site).

The June pic is from WKJeeps.com

The key fob may have been altered yet again since then. (Don't have one myself yet.)

Technosavant 10-30-2010 09:38 PM

The fob on the left is the one I have. The bottom left button is the rear glass only, the one above it is the power liftgate.

The one on the right does not have the power liftgate button, only the one to unlock the rear glass. I imagine that one is given when somebody does NOT have the power liftgate option.

jonesark 10-30-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 293357)
The fob on the left is the one I have. The bottom left button is the rear glass only, the one above it is the power liftgate.

The one on the right does not have the power liftgate button, only the one to unlock the rear glass. I imagine that one is given when somebody does NOT have the power liftgate option.

bingo

JoeSchmoe007 10-30-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherodude (Post 293352)
...The key fob may have been altered yet again since then. (Don't have one myself yet.)

Yes, I have the one that is not on this picture. It has Panic, Lock, Unlock and "x2" (with round arrow around it, remote start) buttons. I have Laredo X

azcats2 10-31-2010 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 293357)

i don't have both buttons and i have power lift gate

Milous 10-31-2010 04:15 AM

The key fob rear flipper button was recently eliminated as a running production change on the WK2.

Let's see if anyone can guess why this was done...

Knightrider03m 10-31-2010 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 293449)
The key fob rear flipper button was recently eliminated as a running production change on the WK2.

Let's see if anyone can guess why this was done...

Because you can open it from the button on the door ?