Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Interior Lighting Issue? Not turning on? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/interior-lighting-issue-not-turning-on-14575.html)

J13ntv 10-30-2010 07:50 PM

Interior Lighting Issue? Not turning on?

Has anyone experienced an issue with the interior lights (dome, floor and tailgate) not coming on when you unlock, open door or use the slider to turn them on manually? All of my other lights work fine, I can turn the dome lights on by pressing them on manually, however when using the slider, as well as when I unlock and/or open the door, the interior lights are not coming on.

I noticed this issue a about a half hour ago and played around with everything but dont see anything in the menu that I could have turned off by accident. Possibly its a combo on the FOB I hit by accident?

Any insight?

As mentioned the dome, all green interiors lights etc work manually and/or with the headlights on as supposed to, however the interior floor lights, dome, interior tailgates aren't turning on with the slider to illuminate the interior, when the door is opened or when I unlock the vehicle..

Thanks in advance!

whatevrworks 10-30-2010 08:39 PM

Re: Interior Lighting Issue? Not turning on?

Stupid question but on the slider you are aware there are two "clicks" or notches that you have to go through to get the interiors to turn on right? The reason I ask is because the first few times I tried to turn the lights on that way I really had to push it kinda hard. And have you tried sliding it in the complete opposite direction? Maybe they installed the slider rheostat backwards (so up is off and down is bright or on)? If not any of this my bet is the slider is bad and somehow stuck in the off position even though the wheel is moving. I tested mine and when I put it in the down position all the way basically so no interior lights turn on, whenever I unlock the vehicle from the outside the interior lights stay off, so that might be the deal.

J13ntv 10-30-2010 09:04 PM

The only thing I can think of is it's broken however it does still dim which questions the "broken" theory however something isn't right I guess. However yes I have gone both extremes from all the way down all the way to up then click it to a hard on but no lights anymore, it does brighten the radio and greens to a as bright as it gets.

Lingohocken 10-30-2010 11:15 PM

Perhaps it's a two-gang slider, with one part inoperative. Alternatively, the slider's lone output may shunt into two circuits, one of which is malfunctioning.

Or it could be spirits from Halloween.:D

J13ntv 11-01-2010 02:59 PM

Well update: After 4 hours of diagnosis, they ordered a new dash cluster. It looks like all the power is going in and they are getting signals for the switches and everything but the lights just aren't coming on as they are supposed to. With the help of Detroit and my Jeep dealer tech they narrowed it to the cluster and hopefully that resolves the issue. A possible short/open circuit, I guess a lot goes through that dash cluster.

robpp 11-01-2010 06:39 PM

thats a very odd one. but good to know.

jimoverland 11-01-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 294149)
Well update: After 4 hours of diagnosis, they ordered a new dash cluster. It looks like all the power is going in and they are getting signals for the switches and everything but the lights just aren't coming on as they are supposed to. With the help of Detroit and my Jeep dealer tech they narrowed it to the cluster and hopefully that resolves the issue. A possible short/open circuit, I guess a lot goes through that dash cluster.

Thanks for the update. . .good luck and keep us posted on the fix.

J13ntv 11-03-2010 03:18 PM

The Wednesday (today) part delivery has turned into a possible November 9th or so delivery date now so I picked it back up and will go back in when the part arrives. I guess aside from waiting for the part, it has to be programmed with the correct mileage of the vehicle, etc etc.

robpp 11-03-2010 03:41 PM

yeah it can work with its new mileage000000 but will give a message that it needs updating.

so anyone buying a used one should at a minimum scroll thru the evic menu.