Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Owner and Operator Manuals (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/owner-and-operator-manuals-14582.html)

foggy 10-31-2010 09:46 AM

Owner and Operator Manuals

So....If I understand correctly my new Jeep Overland will NOT include an owner manual? It sounds like lots of people order them....and I want to do so before mine gets here.

Do I need to pay for mine?....and can I get a jump start on getting it now?? I like sitting in the drivers seat and reading about features when I get a new car...NOT A WEEK OR TWO LATER. :eek:

BTW....it sounds like a cheesy deal if I need to pay for these manuals after spending over 40k on a new ride. :rolleyes:

Advice?

whatevrworks 10-31-2010 10:01 AM

Re: Owner and Operator Manuals

It will come with a DVD and a sort of quickstart guide. Call the 800 number for customer service (after you get the vehicle) and give them your info and they will transfer you elsewhere where you can request everything in print, including the regular manual, uconnect, 430/730, warranty book, etc. Mine were shipped quickly via USPS. Others have received in varying times through UPS or USPS depending. People up in Canada seem to have to wait a little longer than the rest of us.

But they are all free you just have to call. You can always try to get them in advance but until you own it they may try to make you pay.

whatevrworks 10-31-2010 10:12 AM

Oh i forgot,

If you go to jeep.com, click on "for owners" in the top right somewhere, you can download for free all of the manuals as well, no login or anything required. The owners manual is like 50mb or so.

Marlon_JB2 10-31-2010 10:35 AM

This is Chrysler's method of being green. Since nobody uses the owners manual anymore, they just stopped printing them to save trees.

Now I said "nobody" because we are enthusiasts. We do read the owners manuals.

Normal people do not.

foggy 10-31-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 (Post 293533)
This is Chrysler's method of being green. Since nobody uses the owners manual anymore, they just stopped printing them to save trees.

Now I said "nobody" because we are enthusiasts. We do read the owners manuals.

Normal people do not.

Are you saying were not normal?? :eek: As my wife says: These days, NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine. :lol:

MeanDean 10-31-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 (Post 293533)
This is Chrysler's method of being green.

I think that it's more like Chrylser's way of saving green.

Red G8R 10-31-2010 11:57 AM

They did ask me for the VIN.

foggy 10-31-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red G8R (Post 293583)
They did ask me for the VIN.

SO.....your saying that if I call and give them my VIN (which I have) that I can get my manuals on the way? :) Do you have the phone number? :D

BEERnALE 10-31-2010 12:09 PM

877-426-5337

Then say "Grand Cherokee" at the prompt...

Red G8R 10-31-2010 12:15 PM

If I had known these manuals were available for download, I wouldn't have ordered hard copies. My hard copy Owner's Manual is incomplete anyway, it's missing many pages from the Index (A-C only).

I just downloaded all 3 manuals.

BEERnALE 10-31-2010 03:06 PM

I'm real retentive. I keep everything for when I sell my Jeeps (Window Sticker, original mats, manuals, etc.). I ordered the hard copies more for when I sell my Overland...

Oh, and only 4 days from date I ordered manuals to delivery. Not bad...

Marlon_JB2 10-31-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanDean (Post 293546)
I think that it's more like Chrylser's way of saving green.

No. If that was the case they wouldn't be spending MORE on including a quick user guide and DVD.