Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Getting cold feet.... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/getting-cold-feet-14587.html)

rdalcanto 10-31-2010 10:45 AM

Getting cold feet....

I stopped by the dealer yesterday to look at a new clear bra they told me to consider over the 3M stuff. While I was there, my salesman asked if I wanted to take another WK2 out for a spin, which of course I did. It was the hemi, which is what I ordered. The car felt big and heavy this time. I've never owned anything other than sports cars and now a high performance wagon. (The wife has the Suburban). I'm definitely worried that I'm going to miss my car. I had thought about keeping my car and getting a used Wrangler for towing behind our motorhome and for off-road use, but I didn't want three cars because we don't have the garage space. Now I'm trying to comfort myself by saying I can always get a sports car for summer use next year if the SUV thing is killing me, but that puts me right back into the limited garage space problem. Anyone else go from high performance to the Jeep? How's it going for you so far? :(

moosehead 10-31-2010 01:11 PM

Re: Getting cold feet....

Nada can replace a sports car, will always miss them.

Since converting to an SUV, I can say the exact same thing. If you use it for the myriad of things it can do, then you'll value it as much as a sports car.

Given you are in the Wasatch, the JGC will serve you well.

OneCent 10-31-2010 02:33 PM

well, i had a Donkervoort, 996 Ducati.... but for now, if i want to have a sport car feeling back, i buy me again a 30-50HP Kart and use it one a race track. After that a normal sport car is a little booring, its nice but not that thrilling anymore. The Donky was special, as a sommer car, why not again a super 7 ;-).

From Donkervoort and Ducati to a Land Rover Defender 110 with 2.5l Diesel and 113HP was a way bigger step then you do ;-).

Oh.. and because the title is "getting cold feet" i was thinking that the WK2 has the same Problem like my Defender, where you really are getting cold feets ;-)

Hem-e 10-31-2010 02:46 PM

I came from a 2004 2dr g35 manual 6spd. High performance... Not really. Do I miss it? Barely, if ever. Maybe if I had a real high perf vehicle I would.

dsi jeep 10-31-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

The X5 types are great cars, but cant really take them into the desert, so the JGC is it for now.
Dunecrawler, if you are not going to go off road at all would you keep the X5 or still go for WK2?

tank47 10-31-2010 08:06 PM

I had the same feeling a week or so ago. I had a rental laredo v6 for a couple days a few weeks back and felt it was heavy and slow compared to what i'm used to (nissan maxima). But i've been wanting an SUV forever and I ordered v8, so i'm hoping there's still a thrill in owning a hemi.

Besides, i've got like 10 years before my mid-life crisis, so I'll cross that bridge when I get to it (and if i fall in love with jeep, i'll forgo that bridge and just go off-road!)

Greg7 10-31-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tank47 (Post 293819)
I had the same feeling a week or so ago. I had a rental laredo v6 for a couple days a few weeks back and felt it was heavy and slow compared to what i'm used to (nissan maxima). But i've been wanting an SUV forever and I ordered v8, so i'm hoping there's still a thrill in owning a hemi.

Besides, i've got like 10 years before my mid-life crisis, so I'll cross that bridge when I get to it (and if i fall in love with jeep, i'll forgo that bridge and just go off-road!)

I also own a corvette, I like both vehicles, I honestly think you will be happy with the hemi , I am.

jeep2011 10-31-2010 09:30 PM

Sounds like you would be happier with an 2012 SRT8...However I have had plenty of german sports cars and I am more than happy with the HEMI performance. The go anywhere ability is more important to me than smoking stangs.

rdalcanto 11-01-2010 07:33 PM

I can tell you now that I might need one of you guys to bail me out of jail once I get my Jeep! Not for speeding, but for driving over curbs, lawns, landscaping rocks in the neighborhood, etc. I'm going to have a hard time waiting to go to Moab to see what this Jeep can do! "But officer! This is my first Jeep, and I just had to see if I could make it up the stairs at the front of the capital building!!!" :)