Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   VLED Switchbacks Installed! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/vled-switchbacks-installed-14653.html)

Robert Palmer 11-01-2010 09:11 PM

VLED Switchbacks Installed!
 
Thanks Again to Mario for the install! :D


And I also want to thank Rob (robpp), I called him up and he gave the correct instructions for tapping into the correct wire(s). Its a little different for the projectors, big thumbs up for Rob. Thanks Bro.

Well the install was no problem till we got to getting the bulbs to light up part, they would flash amber but not stay white when on the parking light function. So Mario said well its getting late, we'll figure it out tomorrow. Then yours truly (:D) stepped in and plugged in the bulb and went to test it out. I then heard Mario say "ITS WHITE, ITS WHITE". :D So yeah 5% (plugging in of the bulbs) of the install was completed by me. LOL :D

Thanks Mario for the install! Really appreciate it!

NX-1 FTMFW!



Video:




Pic:

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...7/100_2019.jpg

robpp 11-01-2010 09:18 PM

Re: VLED Switchbacks Installed!
 
joe those are the type 1 or type 2 vleds.....

and what resistor did you use??

Robert Palmer 11-01-2010 09:22 PM

Re: VLED Switchbacks Installed!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 294416)
joe those are the type 1 or type 2 vleds.....

and what resistor did you use??

They are the 60 LED ones.

And the 1.3 ohm resistors I believe. Dont quote me on that.

Megatron 11-01-2010 09:27 PM

Re: VLED Switchbacks Installed!
 
Good job

DAVY27 11-01-2010 10:05 PM

Re: VLED Switchbacks Installed!
 
sweeet!

QBNKID 11-01-2010 10:43 PM

Re: VLED Switchbacks Installed!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Palmer (Post 294411)
Thanks Again to Mario for the install! :D


And I also want to thank Rob (robpp), I called him up and he gave the correct instructions for tapping into the correct wire(s). Its a little different for the projectors, big thumbs up for Rob. Thanks Bro.

Well the install was no problem till we got to getting the bulbs to light up part, they would flash amber but not stay white when on the parking light function. So Mario said well its getting late, we'll figure it out tomorrow. Then yours truly (:D) stepped in and plugged in the bulb and went to test it out. I then heard Mario say "ITS WHITE, ITS WHITE". :D So yeah 5% (plugging in of the bulbs) of the install was completed by me. LOL :D

Thanks Mario for the install! Really appreciate it!

NX-1 FTMFW!



Video:




Pic:

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...7/100_2019.jpg

Thanks Joey! Glad you are happy with the install and the results. :thumbsup:
And yes, thanks Rob for looking up what color wire I needed to tap into as the wiring harness and colors are different in the projector headlights than the halogen ones like mine. And it was nice talking to you again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Palmer (Post 294420)
They are the 60 LED ones.

And the 1.3 ohm resistors I believe. Dont quote me on that.

They are the 1.2 ohms, same as the ones I have on my jeep.

Look at that... NX1 is expanding its business, now we do custom installs too :eek: :D.
Tints, suspension (lifts or lowering) and anything else you can think of coming soon :thumbsup:.

White Chocolate 11-02-2010 01:04 AM

Re: VLED Switchbacks Installed!
 
How easy is this for my Jeep?? Is there much splicing of wires for a 2005. I like this mod

SRTILL8 11-02-2010 08:42 AM

Re: VLED Switchbacks Installed!
 
looks great! i look forward to doing mine once my bulbs arrive

Chuck 11-02-2010 09:01 AM

Re: VLED Switchbacks Installed!
 
Looks awesome :thumbsup:

QBNKID 11-02-2010 11:41 AM

Re: VLED Switchbacks Installed!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by White Chocolate (Post 294520)
How easy is this for my Jeep?? Is there much splicing of wires for a 2005. I like this mod

I believe your wiring harness is the same as mine. 1.2 to 1.5 ohm resistors are needed to work properly. You would need to tap one of the wires coming out of the resistor into the green wire going to the small corner side marker socket, the other wire from the resistor you'll need to ground it.

For the newer '08+ projector housings same thing except you need to tap into the single yellow wire going into the socket where the switchback bulb is being placed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRTILLA (Post 294579)
looks great! i look forward to doing mine once my bulbs arrive

Sup bro!
Do you have resistors for them?

SRTILL8 11-02-2010 11:56 AM

Re: VLED Switchbacks Installed!
 
wuz cooking mario!

sure do! i got my resistors, just waiting on my bulbs to arrive. i ordered the 5K's since my low beams are 5K.

White Chocolate 11-02-2010 12:37 PM

Re: VLED Switchbacks Installed!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by QBNKID (Post 294671)
I believe your wiring harness is the same as mine. 1.2 to 1.5 ohm resistors are needed to work properly. You would need to tap one of the wires coming out of the resistor into the green wire going to the small corner side marker socket, the other wire from the resistor you'll need to ground it.

For the newer '08+ projector housings same thing except you need to tap into the single yellow wire going into the socket where the switchback bulb is being placed.

Sup bro!
Do you have resistors for them?

LOL guess you might need to make a trip out to SK and help a brother out


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community