Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Leather Care & Wear - Black vs. Beige (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/leather-care-and-wear-black-vs-beige-14786.html)

Halon X 11-05-2010 02:06 AM

Leather Care & Wear - Black vs. Beige

I recently placed an order for an Overland with Beige interior. It will be a daily driver so the seats and interior will see a lot of butt time. I greatly prefer the color, especially with the Dark Charcoal Pearl exterior but am starting to rethink my decision now as I am certain the lighter interior color will show a lot more dirt and wear than the black will.

I've also heard stories of dye transferring to the seats from denim and other pieces of clothing?

Those who have had the Beige interior for a while, how is it holding up? Are you still happy with your decision?

Knightrider03m 11-05-2010 04:15 AM

Re: Leather Care & Wear - Black vs. Beige

I have had light seats and dark seats. I have never had a problem with neither of then. But I also clean then once per month. Its seams like people treat the inside of their car a little bit different from me so im sure you will hear some different stories

DaveJKJ 11-05-2010 06:27 AM

No problem with the beige leather seats. That said, there are no kids/dogs to contend with and I do not eat in the jeep and clean/put leather conditioner on once every 2 weeks. I have spilled coffee on the drivers seat a couple of times but wiped it up right away (immediately) so no stains.

Funny thing is, I was apprehensive about the color at first but found it only takes 15 minutes to clean/condition them so I am sure that if I got black I wouldn't be cleaning/conditioning them as often.

parker 11-05-2010 08:03 AM

As said above, easy to clean and keep up. You are right about the denim thing, wherever you heard about it. My daughters(15) dark wash jeans seem to color the seat bottoms from her sliding as she gets in and out. I noticed it after a couple of days. A quick wipe with a damp paper towel and all is new again though.

DieselvRR 11-05-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parker (Post 296401)
As said above, easy to clean and keep up. You are right about the denim thing, wherever you heard about it. My daughters(15) dark wash jeans seem to color the seat bottoms from her sliding as she gets in and out. I noticed it after a couple of days. A quick wipe with a damp paper towel and all is new again though.

That worries me...wonder if its just some jeans or all jeans.

parker 11-05-2010 08:53 AM

Just some of her jeans. My jeans nor my wife's do it. That's what I wear everyday to work and it isn't happening with mine. It's completely dependent on the denim, my daughter has blue hands some days when wearing a fairly new pair of pants, so I would say it's the manufacturer. She likes to wear Hollister and Abercrombie, I myself wear Levi's and so does the wife and it doesn't happen with our pants.

Hope this alleviates your worries somewhat.

DieselvRR 11-05-2010 08:59 AM

Blue hands?? haha

bebe 11-05-2010 10:13 AM

Some denim manufacturers are worse than others. Personally, I've experienced the "blue hands" many times. Took a while before I figured that out. ;-) Washing several times (in cold water with like colors!) does the trick.

JoeSchmoe007 11-05-2010 10:20 AM

I think someone here complained about this interior color. Search this forum for "jeans"

Repo503 11-05-2010 10:56 AM

If you hop on autotrader and look at cars with black leather with over 70k on the odometer, nearly all of them will have some cracking on them. I think its mostly sun exposure but it seems to take a lot longer for beige seats to crack. Leather is pretty easy to clean so I worry less about it getting dirty than the leather actually cracking or developing bad creases. I love the look of black, but made the mistake of buying my girlfriend a car with a black interior. Looks great until we take the huskys somewhere.

parker 11-05-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bebe (Post 296473)
Took a while before I figured that out. ;-) Washing several times (in cold water with like colors!) does the trick.

That's what the wife does for it also. Until you wash them "several times" the "blue hands" happens. With a 15 year old she wants to wear those new clothes tonight or tommorrow, your lucky to get one washing in after getting them home. Several back to back would be "The end of the world, Gee Dad you just don't get it!".

bebe 11-05-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parker (Post 296543)
That's what the wife does for it also. Until you wash them "several times" the "blue hands" happens. With a 15 year old she wants to wear those new clothes tonight or tommorrow, your lucky to get one washing in after getting them home. Several back to back would be "The end of the world, Gee Dad you just don't get it!".

Ha ha, I sooo understand. ;)
But you could always hand her the cleaning solution and let her take care of your new blue seats!!