Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

iPhone Gauges

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Zero 
#1 ·
I was looking through 1 of my car audio mags today and I came across this product that allows you to turn your iPhone into 28 gauges. The guys who know all about these engines and what will work like the scan gauges for our Jeeps, im wanting to know if this will work on my Jeep and if it does then its alot cheaper then going out and buying a a-piller gauge setup and then the gauges to go with it. Here is the website and any info would be great. http://www.palmerperformance.com/products/dashcommand/index.php

Thanks for any help or info you guys can give me

#3 ·
hmmm. I had looked at this type if thing for my blackberry storm, but the issue is the support of the 3.0L CRD, plus you need a cable (or is it wireless?) and a place to mount your iphone so its visible while driving.
anyway, the support of the 3.0L CRD is the biggest hurdle, most of these devices support the standard things like air/coolant temps and rpms and code reader, but for the 3.0L CRD you generally want specifics like turbo boost, exhaust temps, oil temp, trans temp, so you can ask for the specifics to confirm it will do it or you can take a chance.

#4 ·
From what I have read on there site it does show boost, exhaust temps etc. Here is what it all supports. You guys will know better then I will with looking at this chart if it all will work. There is a cable you can buy or you can also buy a wireless setup that plugs into the OBD 2 port and sends it over a bluetooth or wlan network.

http://www.palmerperformance.com/support/supported_vehicles/generic_pids.php

And yes it is a sweet App too lol

#7 ·
I have been going back and forth with the company of this app, and from all the links and product info etc, this will work on the diesel. You need to get the cable to hook up to the OBD 2 port or you can get a wifi/bluetooth interface that makes it all wireless. So for about $200-300 you get a boat load of gauges etc with out having to get pillers etc then have to buy your gauges on top of that and be limited to what you really want to moniter. With this you can watch them all and know you are ok.

#8 ·
an iPhone user who’s also lucky enough to own a Harley-Davidson, then Engadget has got the perfect gadget for you! Check out the GaugeFace, the first and only digital gauge to connect your Harley-Davidson with live vehicle data. Aside from being a very fancy way to charge your iPhone or iPod touch, you can use it as a speedometer and tachometer, and it also displays engine temperature, current gear indicator and turn signal indicators.

According to Engadget, the GaugeFace works by interfacing with your Harley’s Engine Control Unit (ECU), via the GaugeFace app, which is free to download from the App Store. It really does look very cool, and if you’ve already got a talking point of a motorcycle, why not make it even more of a talking point? You’ll need to get in touch with your Harley-Davidson dealer to get the whole thing installed, and it will set you back $250...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.