Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Quadralift Question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/quadralift-question-14867.html)

Nbtstatic 11-07-2010 02:14 PM

Quadralift Question

Should the QL system remain totally static with the vehicle turned off?

I just happened to look out the window at a restaurant the other day and noticed the front going down right when I looked out. The Jeep had probably been sitting there around 5 minutes when it lowered, I was in NRH when I parked. I have also noticed a couple of times when I get in to leave, it seems like it's raising up to NRH.

Is this normal, or should I have the dealer take a peep?

Thanks,
NB

Technosavant 11-07-2010 02:59 PM

Re: Quadralift Question

Yes, should be static. Don't know why it would cycle like that.

jeep2011 11-07-2010 03:58 PM

Normally dropping while the vehicle is off is a sign of a slow leak. But with it being a closed system you wouldn't think it could keep this up for long.

wk2silverbullet 11-07-2010 04:47 PM

I will let you know next week. I am bringing mine in for a similar issue.

jeep2011 11-07-2010 08:46 PM

Might just be a sticking valve and letting the air flow into the reserve or the rear suspension. How far does it drop has anyone measured the change?

MSCA 11-09-2010 06:47 AM

I like the idea of Quadralift, but the expense/complexity of the system scares me. I like to keep my vehicles well past the warranty period and I could only imagine what it would cost to repair the system on my own dime.

Have a lot of guys been having issues already? I know Land Rovers are known for having problems with their air suspension systems.

ehorst 11-09-2010 07:21 AM

Ditto. My concerns exactly. Is Quadralift an option or standard with Overland?

My current 2001 GC Limited is 157,000 miles...when I buy the 2011 I plan to drive it a full 10+ years. So reliability is important...air suspension makes me worry.

jeep2011 11-09-2010 07:56 AM

This all has been discussed in great detail in the suspension forum. If you plan to keep the car many miles and years I would suggest you get the extended warranty if you plan to get the QL suspension.

It is standard on the overlands. Only a handful of the first built overlands didn't have the QL suspension. Those will be very rare and worth a lot of money in the coming years.

jimoverland 11-09-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nbtstatic (Post 297435)
Should the QL system remain totally static with the vehicle turned off?

I just happened to look out the window at a restaurant the other day and noticed the front going down right when I looked out. The Jeep had probably been sitting there around 5 minutes when it lowered, I was in NRH when I parked. I have also noticed a couple of times when I get in to leave, it seems like it's raising up to NRH.

Is this normal, or should I have the dealer take a peep?

Thanks,
NB

My guess is that the daily temperature variation we've been experiencing the last couple of weeks is likely causing the QL to make such adjustments.

I haven't noticed mine doing the same thing, but I also haven't had much opportunity to look at it after it's parked.

Please keep us posted.

NYCSRTATE 11-09-2010 10:31 AM

It is a closed loop system and not very hi tech as most may think, air compressor, 4 air shocks and pneumatic tubing, so outside air temp should not have such a huge effect as if it were on an open loop system using outside air.

The hi tech part are all the leveling sensors front and rear, I have watched mine very rarely adjust while running when I got out in very small increments.

If you have an air leak even in the off cycle it will throw a code.

Nbtstatic 11-10-2010 11:02 PM

I've been watching it close and actually have not been able to catch it move at all since I posted this, so, I guess theres nothing wrong.

I jacked it up to OR2 one day and left it there for a while and measured the distance to the wheel wells, and it never changed either.

Oh and on the reliability deal, I knew as soon as I decided overland and QL that I would be buying a Chrysler extended warranty. I bought the Lifetime Maxcare yesterday, so it's their problem now, not mine. :p

Sir Bean 11-12-2010 12:14 AM

I was working in the garage awhile after I pulled mine in and the compressor activated and it slightly moved. I've seen mine do this twice, and figure its part of the auto leveling just resetting or something.