Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Do vented seats make a big difference? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/do-vented-seats-make-a-big-difference-14892.html)

ehorst 11-08-2010 07:58 AM

Do vented seats make a big difference?

I'm trying to decide on the Luxury II package, but with cooler weather now in the Northeast I can't judge the effectiveness of the vented front seats. Can someone from the warmer climate region comment on how big a diff they make when getting into a hot vehicle?

Bottomline: Is Luxury Group II worth the $1500 upgrade on the Limited.

bpmcgee 11-08-2010 08:11 AM

Re: Do vented seats make a big difference?

ehorst,

Usually people find that when they add the luxury II package to the limited, they are so close to the price of the Overland that they go with that. You get the ventilated seats standard, as well as the air suspension and the nicer interior.

B

ehorst 11-08-2010 08:43 AM

Thanks again. I just noticed that...the price diff is less than $100. Might as well go with the Overland.

tkln 11-08-2010 09:12 AM

I test drove an Overland in late June in NY...the vented seats, while a bit weird at first, were awesome. It was 95 outside that day and I didn't want to get back into my car! Unfortunately my budget only allowed a Laredo X, but when my lease is up, I am hoping to move up to an Overland with those vented seats!!!

JoeSchmoe007 11-08-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkln (Post 297785)
I test drove an Overland in late June in NY...the vented seats, while a bit weird at first, were awesome. It was 95 outside that day and I didn't want to get back into my car! Unfortunately my budget only allowed a Laredo X, but when my lease is up, I am hoping to move up to an Overland with those vented seats!!!

SO you found them to be effective? How were they weird?

jeep2011 11-08-2010 10:07 AM

Yes, the ventilated seats are a nice addition. They do cool you off quicker and keep you can sweating when it is hot out. It also helps a lot if you have a dark color and interior in the hot sunny days.

moosehead 11-08-2010 10:08 AM

Personally, I found them refreshing. Like a cool, summer breeze, gently blowing across your cheeks when you least expect it, and at the same time, when it's most needed..

LTrainGC 11-08-2010 10:14 AM

It's exactly like the Ford commercial says...

Imagine yourself sitting on an air hockey table. The ventilated seats and heated steering wheel are my two favorite options on my truck.

mabeaton 11-08-2010 10:22 AM

Yes it does make a difference! I won't get leather seats without vented and heated seats.

wk2overland 11-08-2010 11:17 AM

i have the vent. seats and i would have paid twice as much for them as i did. they are SO worth it. even in the winter. i like heat on the wheel and from the vents, and cooooooool from my back side. great combo.

MeanDean 11-08-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehorst (Post 297779)
Thanks again. I just noticed that...the price diff is less than $100. Might as well go with the Overland.

Indeed. I did about 10 different configurations between the Laredo X, Limited, and Overland. For what I was looking for, the Overland was a bargain. FWIW, the ORA-II is a downright bargain on the Overland!!

jonesark 11-08-2010 11:36 AM

My first test drive was in August of this year, in Texas. It was easily over 100 degrees outside and I was immediately sold on the vented seats. Cooled that hot leather down in a matter of seconds. One feature I absolutely can't wait to use during the summer here!!