Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   What makes the new GC Trail Rated? isn't mine... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/what-makes-the-new-gc-trail-rated-isnt-mine-14915.html)

justin1569 11-08-2010 05:42 PM

What makes the new GC Trail Rated? isn't mine...

Do you have to order the ORAII package to have the label as being 'trail-rated' or can I simply install skid plates and tow hooks on my non-ORAII Overland with 20'' rims and buy the badge? I had an '06 trail rated overland before and mine isn't trail-rated now. I swear it's more capable with QDII/QL and the selec-terrain system.

I want the badge of honor! :mad:

Knightrider03m 11-08-2010 05:49 PM

Re: What makes the new GC Trail Rated? isn't mine...

You have to have a 4lo for it to be trailrated.

justin1569 11-08-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider03m (Post 298100)
You have to have a 4lo for it to be trailrated.

Come on...you know mine does! Overland man!:)

Scottina06 11-08-2010 06:00 PM

the 20" wheels arent trail rated

justin1569 11-08-2010 06:04 PM

I've seen an SRT8 driving around here with a trail rated badge. Pathetic! Clearly ordered the badge online and stuck it on...should say street rated!

whatevrworks 11-08-2010 06:05 PM

its the cooled seats. . . . anyone that big of a pu**y doesnt deserve to be on the trails! :P

topsailstar 11-08-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatevrworks (Post 298110)
its the cooled seats. . . . anyone that big of a pu**y doesnt deserve to be on the trails!

Because I have cooled seats I don't belong on the trails?

Technosavant 11-08-2010 06:16 PM

For the Overland, the only things an off road package would add are the skid plates, tow hooks, and badge while also downgrading the wheels to 18" rims (the 20" ones are too vulnerable to dings).

I've added the skid plates and plan to add the hooks. I don't know if I'll be also getting a set of smaller rims; maybe if it ever starts looking likely that I'll be going way out into the boonies. I figure the plates and hooks will be enough for light trails; if I were going to do rock hopping, though, some better wheels would be a necessity.

MeanDean 11-08-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topsailstar (Post 298118)
Because I have cooled seats I don't belong on the trails?

No, it's because you're wearing street tires. I'm sure you can buy the badge on eBay if you just have to have it, but it won't do you any good in the muck.

topsailstar 11-08-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanDean (Post 298127)
No, it's because you're wearing street tires. I'm sure you can buy the badge on eBay if you just have to have it, but it won't do you any good in the muck.

No badge needed here. By the way, even the trail rated version wears street tires and I guarantee that they will get you stuck in the muck as well. To be trail rated you need the 18's and skid plates on the WK2. An overland can be trail rated for a couple hundred bucks and comes with the 18's and the plates etc. If you want to play in the mud, get yourself a set of AT - MT tires and you are good to go.

chibianh 11-08-2010 06:47 PM

No badge is needed.. though, to get the badge, you need to get one of the oRA packages.. and even then, it's the skid plates that gets the trail rated badges.

p.s. I like to not have swamp ass while on the trails. ;)

justin1569 11-08-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chibianh (Post 298147)

p.s. I like to not have swamp ass while on the trails. ;)

Love it!!! and I second that!