Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Weak Heated Ventilated Seats in new GC (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/weak-heated-ventilated-seats-in-new-gc-14946.html)

justin1569 11-09-2010 11:35 AM

Weak Heated Ventilated Seats in new GC

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that the heat output for the seats is not that great? I mean they work...but they're not too warm like some other vehicles I've been in. My buddies '04 Impala actually gets so hot that you have to turn it down. I don't want a scalding seat but I thought it'd be warmer.

I've previously owned an '06 Overland and it never got that hot either...maybe it's a Jeep thing!

The A/C seats in my new GC are wonderful though...I find those work well although I have nothing else to compare too. First I've seen of A/Cd seats.

Oh and I love the heated wheel too...even the wood part gets hot...one of the greatest luxury features of the new GC.:)

JoeSchmoe007 11-09-2010 11:37 AM

Re: Weak Heated Ventilated Seats in new GC

I have Laredo X, so my seats aren't A/C. Heating works very well - when turned to the max setting it get so hot you have to turn it down really soon.

justin1569 11-09-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin1569 (Post 298516)
Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that the heat output for the seats is not that great? I mean they work...but they're not too warm like some other vehicles I've been in. My buddies '04 Impala actually gets so hot that you have to turn it down. I don't want a scalding seat but I thought it'd be warmer.

I've previously owned an '06 Overland and it never got that hot either...maybe it's a Jeep thing!

The A/C seats in my new GC are wonderful though...I find those work well although I have nothing else to compare too. First I've seen of A/Cd seats.

Oh and I love the heated wheel too...even the wood part gets hot...one of the greatest luxury features of the new GC.:)

Maybe it's a ventilated seat problem...or maybe it's just me...maybe I'm picky and want hot!

I just want others opinions

topsailstar 11-09-2010 12:11 PM

I have noticed the weak heating as well, especially on the towards the front on the seat where your legs are.

justin1569 11-09-2010 12:24 PM

Yesss...it isn't just me! Yeah the back gets warm enough, but yeah the base seat has weaker heating.

Could they fix that...or is that a 2012 fix?

Technosavant 11-09-2010 12:54 PM

The heat isn't as noticeable as it was on my Patriot, but it's there. The steering wheel, however, it gets nice and toasty.

Red G8R 11-09-2010 01:36 PM

No complaints about my heated seats. I generally have to go to the lower setting within 5-10 minutes. It also depends on the type of jacket I have on too.
Having said that, one of my Jeeps in the past had a faulty connector and once replaced the heat was back on.

parker 11-09-2010 01:40 PM

The heating in my Overland is good where it's at.

I think you are speaking about the seat bottom. In mine it seems the heater is directly under the area of the buttocks and there is no element in the front area of the seat bun (pun intended). If so they are relying on the heat to radiate from rear to front. Designed with a smaller heat element which only covers the rear (pun intended again) I think, my wife's Charger Daytona is the same. Even so I'm very happy with it and have to turn it down after a few minutes.

azzolij 11-09-2010 02:35 PM

I also noticed that the heat level is much less than what I was used to with my Envoy.
I noticed in the Mopar catalog that they sell a version with 3 heat levels. I wonder if
the third level would provide the heat level some of us expect.

tkln 11-09-2010 02:39 PM

Yeah, it's not as hot as others I've sat in...my 06 was great with the heat until they had a recall for it - after that, it never got that hot.

TheNotoriousROB 11-09-2010 04:49 PM

Definitely weaker than my 04 WJ. But then again, they had a big recall related to the heated seats on my year/model. Maybe they toned everything down due to this... ?

jamesdomagalski 11-09-2010 06:17 PM

I came from a 07 Yukon and those seats got hot. I noticed that the one in Overland do not get that hot. I had the dealer check them and they said that they were operating normaly.