Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   IPOD and 430N (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/ipod-and-430n-15000.html)

parker 11-10-2010 01:21 PM

IPOD and 430N

First Question, Did any of you recieve an Ipod cable with your vehicle from the dealer? I was present when my Overland came off the truck and watched the prep. There was no cable included in any of the bags, all I have is the bare USB port in the upper console.

Second question, I have an apple Ipod to USB cable and have tried that and my 430 does not see the Ipod.

Third, All I have available to try is an old Ipod "MINI" second generation. The info on the Jeep owner webpage for radios says this is compatible with non nav radios but not with nav radios. I thought I read in one post here that someone was using a mini with their nav radio to avoid problems with the new units which have been occuring.

Technosavant 11-10-2010 02:58 PM

Re: IPOD and 430N

The 430N does not have an iPod specific cable. That's the 730N, and it's located in the bottom of the center stack in that bin.

If you have the 430N, you need to use the USB to iPod cable in the USB port in the armrest, not the one on the faceplate of the head unit.

Red G8R 11-10-2010 03:50 PM

I have the 730N and I too thought the unit was not recognizing my ipod. But, if you press the Radio Media button a second time, the iPod, HDD and Aux options appear.

RMac 11-10-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parker (Post 299130)
First Question, Did any of you recieve an Ipod cable with your vehicle from the dealer? I was present when my Overland came off the truck and watched the prep. There was no cable included in any of the bags, all I have is the bare USB port in the upper console.

Second question, I have an apple Ipod to USB cable and have tried that and my 430 does not see the Ipod.

Third, All I have available to try is an old Ipod "MINI" second generation. The info on the Jeep owner webpage for radios says this is compatible with non nav radios but not with nav radios. I thought I read in one post here that someone was using a mini with their nav radio to avoid problems with the new units which have been occuring.

I'm not sure the 2nd generation mini works with the system (I think it's too old). When you connect it to the USB port in the center console, you'll be able to tell if it's supported by looking at the screen on the iPod. It should change to some sort of "device connected" on the iPod's screen itself.

Just make sure you're connecting it to the USB port in the center console (below the armrest), not the one on the radio faceplate.

parker 11-10-2010 09:12 PM

The "mini" is too old. I checked on the owners section of the Jeep website, it's listed as compatible with non nav radios only, no nav units.

I also called the Jeep assistance number and was qouted the same. I tried my sons Iphone4, it connected but gave an error message. This is the 430N and all were plugged in to the armrest USB port.

I've got a new Ipod classic coming in to update from the "old" mini so we'll see what happens.

ebank127 11-12-2010 03:18 PM

I have the 4th generation nano. It connects to the 430 RBZ through the arm rest with no problems. It does take some time to read, but works great. The only problem is when you cut the car off and back on again it has to load again and does not remember the last song. Other then that it works great.