Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Help desiging on model and options (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/help-desiging-on-model-and-options-15064.html)

j4jeeps 11-12-2010 10:07 AM

Help desiging on model and options

Hey all,

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and pick up a new WK2...

So I'm looking for opinions... the follow are the features that I want:
V6
Quadra-Lift
Heated Seats
Full Size Spare
Remote Start
Cruise Control
Tow Hooks
Auto Dim Mirrors (Rear and side)
Dual Zone Temp Control

Everything else is icing on the cake for me... I currently own a loaded WJ limited (04)... so I've grown used to rain sensing mirrors, and memory seats/mirrors... but it it worth $2k to me... probably not :) I like my sunroof, but I never use it.

What model do you reccomend I start with / what gets me closest to the above config. From looking at it, I'm not clear if I can get that build in a cost effective manor using the Laredo , or if I'm better going with a limited or an overland.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, through work I can get preferred pricing, is any dealer going to be the PP price? or should I just go in and let them know I get preferred pricing?

Thanks

bpmcgee 11-12-2010 10:30 AM

Re: Help desiging on model and options

Quadra-Lift makes your choice for you. That's only available on the Overland.

jonesark 11-12-2010 10:35 AM

^^r u sure?

bpmcgee 11-12-2010 10:36 AM

According to jeeps.com. You can get "rear load levelling suspension" on the Limited with the towing package, but that's not the same thing. I know the website isn't always correct, though, so really WTFK??

GR33N D3M0N 11-12-2010 10:36 AM

Actually QL is available on the Laredo X...

bpmcgee 11-12-2010 10:38 AM

LOL. I see that now, Green. How insane is that? You can get it on the Laredo X but NOT the Limited??

Cherodude 11-12-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpmcgee (Post 300210)
Quadra-Lift makes your choice for you. That's only available on the Overland.

No longer true. Since Oct. 13 the Laredo X and Limited can get Quadra-Lift with the Off-Road Adventure Group II.

I know about this, since I waited 13 weeks for Q-L to be available on the Limited. It did so 90 minutes after I changed my order. :)

jeep2011 11-12-2010 10:42 AM

Quadra Lift is available on all 4X4 models.

I thought you could get heated cloth seats on these, but apparently not. The lardeo E with Off Road Adventure Group II and the Security Package would give you everything you needed, but the heated seats for $37,000.

Laredo X $39,100 for all the options you want.

Limited steps you up to $ 41,500

Overland is $42,100

moosehead 11-12-2010 10:42 AM

J4J, suggest starting with the options packages to help narrow your priorities and match with best package pricing. Below link is from wk2jeeps.com website that is a sticky at top of this WK2 forum thread.

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/2011_features.htm

Your priorities may change as you dig in as well. For instance, do you want the off road package or just the tow hooks? Towing needs? Do you really want QL given it's a complex, new system, or is a traditionally sprung suspension more than adequate and leaves you with a simpler lift option later? YMMV.

Good luck and enjoy.

j4jeeps 11-12-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 300219)
J4J, suggest starting with the options packages to help narrow your priorities and match with best package pricing. Below link is from wk2jeeps.com website that is a sticky at top of this WK2 forum thread.

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/2011_features.htm

Your priorities may change as you dig in as well. For instance, do you want the off road package or just the tow hooks? Towing needs? Do you really want QL given it's a complex, new system, or is a traditionally sprung suspension more than adequate and leaves you with a simpler lift option later? YMMV.

Good luck and enjoy.

This is going to be more of my daily driver, but I spend a good potion of my winter weekends in the snow and on the mountains / bad mountain roads, so I like having some flexibility to get over and around things. I'm currently still driving an 04 WJ with 192000 miles on it, and will probably keep it in case I want to do any aggressive lift kits for trail time. The new WK2 won't get any major after market mods. the tow hooks are more to pull me out of a ditch in the middle of VT if need be or drag something out of my way.

So yeah, I probably don't "need" QL, but I think it would be really nice to have. Heated seats and a remote starter are needs for me... I don't like my rear freezing to the seat in -20F weather :)

I don't need towing... skid plates... I don't know, i've always had them on my other jeeps, not sure how many times they've saved me or not.

The auto dim mirrors... i'd really like to have... I do a lot of night driving and I hate it when some *** has their high beams blaring in my passenger mirror... (also why I was angry that they deleted it from the 04 WJ passenger side)... are the auto dim mirrors something I could install myself (if I ordered say a Laredo X)

Is the only way to get QL to order the Offroad ADV group II? This has most of what I was hoping for QL + Skid Plates + Tow Hooks... but it also has the trailer hitch... which I really don't have any use for (I suppose I can throw my mountain bike on it in the future)

Also, do you think a dealer will be able to beat preferred pricing?