Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Day and Night Display Setting for 430 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/day-and-night-display-setting-for-430-a-15066.html)

Angel 11-12-2010 11:14 AM

Day and Night Display Setting for 430

Does someone know how the 430 display automatically switches between day (stronger) and night (lighter) mode?

As per the manual it should switch depending on if the head lights are on or off, but mine doesn't???

barho 11-12-2010 11:17 AM

Re: Day and Night Display Setting for 430

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 300228)
Does someone know how the 430 display automatically switches between day (stronger) and night (lighter) mode?

As per the manual it should switch depending on if the head lights are on or off, but mine doesn't???

I don't have a 2011, but check to make sure the stalk is turned to the proper position. In my 08 you can turn it to keep the dash illumination and Nav on bright setting.

mandm1 11-12-2010 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Check your dimmer control to make sure it isn't set on "Parade" mode.

From the owner's manual:

When a door is open and the interior lights are on, rotating the dimmer control all the way down, to the OFF detent, will cause all the interior lights to go out. This is also known as the “Party” mode because it allows the doors to stay open for extended periods of time without discharging the vehicle’s battery. The brightness of the instrument panel lighting can be regulated by rotating the dimmer control up (brighter) or down (dimmer). When the headlights are on you can supplement the brightness of the odometer, trip odometer, radio and overhead console by rotating the control to its farthest position up until you hear a click. This feature is termed the “Parade” mode and is useful when headlights are required during the day.

Mike

Angel 11-12-2010 11:49 AM

Thanks guys so far. My dimmer is not on "Parade" mode ...and I don't think that the day/night mode of the 430 depends on the dimmer position.

Thankfull for any additional hints!

bpmcgee 11-12-2010 12:00 PM

Angel,

Actually it DOES. You need it TWO clicks from fully bright. This question has been asked several times here, do a search for more details.

tkln 11-12-2010 02:10 PM

^^^ Yup, my 430 switches from day/night.

Sir Bean 11-12-2010 06:23 PM

As long as the dimmer switch is set somewhere in the midrange like explained above it should dim. I believe the actual dimming is switched by the light sensor in the center of the most forward part of the dash. I'll be driving through shadows at dawn/dusk in and out of direct light and it will dim when I'm in the darker spots.

Also check to see if the radio is set for automatic in the setup page. If I remember correctly you are able to select day, auto, or night levels.

Angel 11-12-2010 07:08 PM

I verified it - you guys are right! As you sayd 'bpmcgee' "You need the dimmer TWO clicks from fully bright". Thats it.

Great, thank you!!!

ncollado 11-14-2010 08:35 AM

But then the instrument panel is very dark with the dimmer 2 clicks from fully bright. Shouldn't it sense better the daylight. My portable nave device sensed day and night better. I have manually change the setting to night always because auto doesn't adjust it. The 2 click thing works but the cluster gets very dark.

DJB Overland 11-14-2010 09:36 AM

Slightly off-topic here, but - does anyone know the real differences between the 430N & 730N???

I've ordered my 2011 Overland /Hemi with all the toys AND originally requested the upgrade to a 730N. I have since been told it's no longer available and that ALL Overlands will now come with the 430N, no other radio options available.

Anyone know the differnce between these radios?